Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2017 Shishkov/Gravelin HFC Pickup Special!

JGravelin

I'm very pleased to announce a batch run of the current Shishkov Guitars USA pickups to be built specifically for the HFC crew. All of these are the standard models that can be found in the current Shishkov guitars and will only be available here, for a limited time, discounted for HFC Supporting Members. If you're not a paid-in HFC member, I would encourage you to join up, support the HFC, and get a great deal on these Shishkov Approved tone generators!

We've planned for 12 Charlotte HB Sets, 12 Charlotte Bridge pickups (50mm standard, 53mm optional), 6 P90 sets, and 6 ST neck single coils. Humbuckers feature 4 conductor output leads, P90s feature single conductor pushback braided output leads, and the ST neck single coils use modern PVC coated lead wires.

Prices for HFC Supporting Members are $115.00 ea. for humbuckers, $85 ea. for P90s, and $70.00 ea. for the ST single coils. There are a few options available so please take note before you order. Shipping is $8.00 for the continental USA. Shipping elsewhere is no problem: please contact me for the cost.

Some info on the pickups:

Charlotte
11k A5u Bridge / 7.9k A2 Neck / 42 and 43 PE

A medium-output modern hybrid set that retains much of the desireable PAF sonic characteristics but with higher output gain and a more contemporary voicing. As people have already attested to, this is an extremely versatile set that does all flavors of blues, rock, shred, and down-tuned chunk with ease - modern tones for modern music! Think Gary Moore in the neck, and a full, agressive "rock!" voiced bridge pickup that lights up high gain amplifiers just right. These were designed to provide convincing single coil split sounds as well, which is why all Charlottes come with 4 conductor output leads as standard. Bridge pickup is available alone in 50mm or 53mm and is the ideal upgrade for current Shishkov Ultimate owners, as well as anyone else who wants an extremely versatile modern/vintage flavored "mid-gain" rocker in the back. Zebra (Ivory/Black) is standard, but I will accept requests for other bobbin color combinations within reason. $230 a set / $115 single bridge.

*Nickel, Chrome, and raw unplated German Nickel Silver covers are available for an additional $15 each. Ivory or Black mounting rings +$4.00/set. Mounting screws and springs included.

SP90s
9.1k A5 Bridge / 7.8k A2 Neck / 42 SPN

With a hotter vintage style in the bridge and a slightly underwound neck pickup, all the classic P90 tones are on tap with this set. From old blues, country, rockabilly to Woodstock-era Santana, Townsend Live at Leeds, Leslie West/Mountain- authentic P90 tones abound. The SP90s feature single conductor pushback braided lead wire and your choice of Black or Ivory covers. Mounting screws and springs included. $170 a set / $85 single

ST Single
6.1k A5 / 42H

This Neck position single coil pickup serves up heaps of hot 50's Strat tone: balanced lows, distinct and authorative mids, and an open, airy top. There's a serious Gilmour/SRV thing going on here which mates up very nicely with the slug coil from the Charlotte bridge pickup for those with that setup- sounds killer! As is, it will retrofit any strat, and most S/S/H or H/S/H equipped guitars. Black cover included, uncovered with cloth tape wrap option. $70 each. A complete, matched set is available if you ask for it.

--

Payment must be paid in full via PayPal or US Postal Money Order to reserve your set. Please contact me with your preferences in HB bobbin colors/cover or cover choice on the SP90/S-Type Single and include the address you'd like them shipped to. I'll reply with my PayPal or mailing address for your PO Money Order. Simple and easy, just like last time! I expect shipping to begin in approximately 3-4 weeks, with the potential for special requests to take slightly longer.

I'm really excited to be able to offer these special pickups and am looking forward to getting to work. Working with Mike, Trish, Chris, Ted, and all of you - it's a real pleasure and an honor. Questions? I'm here, paying attention, and will reply quickly.

Here we go!

1Char.JPG

2SP90.JPG

DSC02964.JPG

Anyone who doesn't think Josh's pickups are the best in the world is stupid. And I should know - I wrote the book on stupid.

Seriously if you haven't yet, you really need to try a set. They are that sound in your head.

I damn don't have a guitar for any of them.

22 minutes ago, gorch said:

I damn don't have a guitar for any of them.

You could fill/built up some reserves ;-)

Guitars will keep coming by themselves.

But with taxes & fees (especially those damn 28 Euros flat charge for DHL to deliver from customs office to your doorstep) make purchases from the US a lot more expensive, nowadays.

Even, though there´s not even no rosewood involved!

5 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Anyone who doesn't think Josh's pickups are the best in the world is stupid. And I should know - I wrote the book on stupid.

Seriously if you haven't yet, you really need to try a set. They are that sound in your head.

THIS JUST IN FROM CANADA:

Man, if he can nail that Dusty, Empty Attic Sound for you he can nail anything! ;) 

I also love Josh and his pickups, he is great to deal with and just tops in my book. If you have a tele due yourself a favor and buy his pickups. Badass and Amazing in every way. 

10 hours ago, donner said:

You could fill/built up some reserves ;-

Yes, I thought about this. Unfortunately, I'm very happy with what I've got for many years. Eventually, the Gravelins would cut short to Graves. That's not what they are meant for, are they?

I will tell you this: the Shlabotnik Sisters in my Ultimate  are the best PAF types I have ever played, including T-tops and real PAFs. The clarity on the neck is simply astounding, and the bridge just defines 70s RNR to me.

On 7/31/2017 at 2:06 PM, hamerhead said:

Anyone who doesn't think Josh's pickups are the best in the world is stupid.

Ever consider a career writing advertising copy?  This is golden!  :lol:

'Tis a great offer in case I haven't said this explicitly before.

On 8/4/2017 at 9:52 PM, 0054 said:

I admit I'm a one pickup guitar fanatic, but when people said how great Josh's neck pickups were, I chuckled... until I tried one in my Newport (G-tron). As awesome as the bridge pickups are, the neck pickups are a staircase, not just a step ahead of the competition. Bridge pickups you can find many very good, I mean excellent ones. Neck Pickups, not so much, they are usually the red headed step child of the pickup combos... not with Josh, they are equal but different from bridge pickups. Really, try them, you will thank Josh for a long time!

Grace Shlabotnik says "amen, brother!"

I only know the two sisters, Ting and they trip my trigger. There's history with this mystical pickup line that predates my joining  the HFC back in 2007.

I got a message from Josh telling me "my" Charlotte bridge PU is ready, wound up and just about to be shipped to me (in Sweden!).

I feel very happy about this!! 

My dear 10 year old Black transparent Studio Custom from 2007 will get the upgrade that she deserves! :)

Thanks again, Josh!!

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time  

Processed Through Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) August 13, 2017 6:43 pm

-----

Hmm... it's a long way to Stockholm, Sweden... -_-

But no worries...:lol:

I don't mind the wait. Honestly. You know, I'm waiting for a HANDwound Gravelin Charlotte Bridge Pup...

A real sweetie, I'm sure!! :)

It was a good day for ME! I must say, this is the smoothest, easiest transaction I've encountered on the HFC. Thanks so much, Josh!  I've got the P90 pair targeted for my Vanguard, and the dogear will soon take residence in my Korina Jr. I can't wait to hear the results.

And Josh lives just up the road a piece. I'm going to do my best to get him here for one of the 4-3-2-1 parties. I'm long overdue for another shindig!

GravelinP90s.JPG

9 hours ago, BruceM said:

It was a good day for ME! I must say, this is the smoothest, easiest transaction I've encountered on the HFC. Thanks so much, Josh!  I've got the P90 pair targeted for my Vanguard, and the dogear will soon take residence in my Korina Jr. I can't wait to hear the results.

And Josh lives just up the road a piece. I'm going to do my best to get him here for one of the 4-3-2-1 parties. I'm long overdue for another shindig!

GravelinP90s.JPG

I was just talking on the phone with Josh over the weekend and after shipping my package off I googled how far he was away from the you. Close enough for a Jam, and I'm ready for another 4321 Trip. 

After it getting stuck in the swedish customs for 5 days (!)... yesterday I finally got the Charlotte Bridge pickup from Josh! 

You are a great person in all respects and again I thank you!! :)

I will get assistance from my technically gifted son this Saturday to install it in my custom ordered Studio Custom - see my avatar! (This project is very exciting!)

An audio report is forthcoming!

20170822_175348[1].jpg

Yep! It did the trick... with flying colors!! (Earlier longing for a LP to complete my stable. That idea is now gone completely.)

:D

The Charlotte bridge is simply fantastic in my Hamer Studio Custom. My son helped me install it today.  We are both floored.

Clear and distinct, both clean and with full on "metally" gain, a broad ranging perfect pup for my needs. :wub:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Josh!!

Archived