Hamer Fan Club Message Center

20 Years of Halestorm

1 hour ago, BubbaVO said:

Nope.  Not cheating at all. 

2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Is a band cheating when they count the years before they had an album deal?  Today is the 20th anniversary of Halestorm's first show. 

I agree Halestorm isn't cheating...in fact my favorite band Cheap Trick was formed in 1973 and didn't have their first album until 1977

Hamerica

It was pretty normal for a band to be together a while before releasing any type of well-made album. These days though it's pretty much instant gratification. I know some people who release EPs before they even start playing out.

John, Paul, and George started playing together in 1957. They didn't have a record deal for another 5 years. By that time they had paid some serious dues together.

11 hours ago, Hamerica said:

...in fact my favorite band Cheap Trick was formed in 1973 and didn't have their first album until 1977

I'm not questioning your taste, but I don't think you are right in the dates. '78 is the budokan year and that had been their fourth. I need to check the back of the records for the real dates.

5 hours ago, gorch said:

I'm not questioning your taste, but I don't think you are right in the dates. '78 is the budokan year and that had been their fourth. I need to check the back of the records for the real dates.

No - he's correct.  Their debut was 1977, then "In Color" and "Heaven Tonight" were released in quick succession.  The Budokan shows were recorded in April, 1978, right after HT came out, and the album was released the next summer.

Archived