Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Mooer Pedals

tomteriffic

Anybody have any experience with Mooer pedals?  I need one more whizmadoodle (maybe two) to finish up a pedalboard, primarily just a touch of reverb.  It looks like one of these would do the trick fer cheep.  I recall seeing these mentioned but don't recall any feedback/experience.

Definitely worth a go. I've had several (OD, echo, tuner...) and all worked well, especially for the money.

But it's hard to beat a used HOF for reverb, usually for not much more $$ than a new Mooer.

I've used several. I still have some. Yellow Comp: ok.  Hustle Drive: dead on clone of the Fulltone OCD, great unit. ( I have both) Blues Crab: very nice light OD. Anaecho:  not bad but not a Carbon Copy of a Carbon Copy either. Ensemble Chorus: nice analog chorus if you're not after a really deep swirly chorus it's a good one. Mini tuner: it's a tuner, what'd ya think?  They require external power. No place to put a battery.  

1 hour ago, hamerhead said:

Definitely worth a go. I've had several (OD, echo, tuner...) and all worked well, especially for the money.

But it's hard to beat a used HOF for reverb, usually for not much more $$ than a new Mooer.

Agreed.  And even the HOF Mini would probably suffice for my purposes.  But $55 or so for a new Mooer (and the mini size) makes it pretty attractive.

I have the ElecLady - it's now called the "E-Lady" due to "ElecLady" being as close in name to "Electric Mistress" as the ElecLady sounds like an Electric Mistress.  Really (for the money) spooky good.  No, it won't out-do the Hartman, but $/value it's very worthwhile.

I also have the Ninety Orange Phaser - another convincing clone.

Their new modeler/multifx unit that's getting unveiled at a Chinese trade show soon looks very cool from the couple brief videos I've seen.

I bought the phaser, I think it's the orange 45 or something, from Jaye Isham, and the thing rules.

you have to click the button a few times to get the static out so it doesn't pop when you switch,

but it sounds awesome, built really solid and super tiny.

I also have their mod factory, which has 11 mod fx on it. It's got decent sounds for each, but the dedicated phaser I bought is much better.

That being said, it's an incredible bang for the buck to be able to have a super mini pedal that can cover decent chorus, then flanger, then phaser, then trem, then Jerry-flavor touch wah, each at a single knob twist (min tweaking on the mini pots). Perfect for a mini, grab and go board.

Archived