Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Any Lovepedal Fans hanging out?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had several Lovepedals and my feeling is he's not doing anything groundbreaking here.  I owned the Kalamazoo, Eternity, and Purple Plexi, and while all were usable, none of them stood out from the crowd of a thousand other options.

10 hours ago, cynic said:

I've had several Lovepedals and my feeling is he's not doing anything groundbreaking here.  I owned the Kalamazoo, Eternity, and Purple Plexi, and while all were usable, none of them stood out from the crowd of a thousand other options.

Thanks for that ‘put. 

I like the JTM and have always wanted to try a Zen circuit.  The JTM dimed goes into a sweet mild fuzz that my Strat seems to like....

Yep.....I DID bite on the Super Stevie Six Billet Boost. Apparently only 2 were available. Arrived yesterday. UNFORTUNATELY it is not working. Seems to be a bad pot on the "Six" side so I get only a weak "fizz". (The boost side works well).

The custom milled solid aluminum enclosure is a special order (and is "awesome" as these things go), so they cannot simply send me a replacement. So, it has to go back to Michigan for repairs.

Not exactly happy, but they seem to be responsive. And they indicated I would get a free goodie for my trouble. A Lovepedal hoodie or t shirt or something similar.

As to orders, I bought that one on Friday, they shipped Monday and it arrived late Thursday. I fell for a second deal on Sunday. That shipped yesterday and it should be here tomorrow. As best I can tell, they sell hundreds of pedals at each of these events, so it may well take a few days to process all the shipments.

Glad you heard from them. Sorry about the problem. I hope it's not epidemic. I too placed an order on Friday and another Sunday afternoon. Almost 800 order #s in between. And if everybody ordered 2 or more, that's a lot of pedals to get in the mail! I suppose it will all work out fine. But I kinda wish he would e-me an update.

Hi&Strats, let us know how that echo pedal works out, if you’ll be so kind.

My Red Zendrive hasn’t shipped yet. The MXR Badass Distortion I got this week is covering things quite well...I’ve always wanted to try a Zen since I heard a blues guitarist at a bar near LAX on Sepulveda called The Melody Bar and Grill play one. He sounded sublime...and that was like 5 years ago...

• 3 weeks later...

I received my pedals this week. They all work fine and sound great but I haven't had a chance to spend much time with them. Build quality seems very good.  And there were no dings, dent's or scratches, even though most were $50 specials that indicated they might be dinged, dented or scratched.

THE GOOD NEWS: I got an e- from him last  night and he is having another sale this week-end. Same deal 1/2 price until sold out!

I'm starting to think that this is his new business model. Run a half price sale, build the pre-sold pedals, run another sale. I can't say for sure, don't even really care as I am  pretty much pedal full after last months sale, but this is the 3rd month in a row so I'm guessing it's his new habit.

These are not on his web site. you have to use the myshopify page.

https://lovepedalcustomeffects.myshopify.com/

I am pretty sure this IS the business model. Seems like there are always folks trying to flip them shortly thereafter, so I reckon they hold their "half pricer".

I DID get the "billet" Super Six with built in boost last go-round. It actually arrived damaged (and they could not replace it as they had no more of the milled aluminum enclosures---great stuff, BTW). But they were great in repairing it very quickly. Pretty much true to the goal of being SRV in a box (as in a Super Reverb, cranked), with the boost being a great thing.

If I had not snatched that one (They only had two, it seems) I'd want to grab the simpler version that is posted right now for under $100. And a "Purple Plexi with Boost" for $125 is damn appealing.

I happened to log in at the right time and snatched a Black Mamba Tchula pedal for FREE, YES FREE!

I will buy from this guy. I love what I have so far from him. A smart businessman he is and a great pedal-maker...

Lol sorry, hbom. I actually had the tweed twin freebie in the cart but it got snatched away....when I hit the site again, the Tchula was available.

I want his envelope filter and his reverb and his BBB. 

I am officially a believer in Lovepedal products.  They really do sound great.

The Monkey Fist Fuzz is KEEEELING me.  And why?  WHY do I think I need another fuzz to gather dust?  And a Bonetender....

Heading out to see what I am sure is the worst movie I will see all year.  Maybe that will make me forget...

5 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Lol sorry, hbom. I actually had the tweed twin freebie in the cart but it got snatched away....when I hit the site again, the Tchula was available.

I want his envelope filter and his reverb and his BBB. 

I am officially a believer in Lovepedal products.  They really do sound great.

Not a problem. I watched the sale but had committed to not buy anymore this month cuz I had just gotten the order from last sale on Wednesday. But I watched pretty close and tried for some freebies! I missed on a couple.  I also missed the BBB chrome freebie. Just not quick enough on the trigger. :lol:

Well, if he does it again maybe I'll do better.

The sale is still going on and he keeps adding pedals...Me and a buddy swapped my JTM for the Brown Deluxe and though it doesn’t have the gain of my 6g3, the Deluxe pedals nails the clean and light OD of my Deluxe.

So after missing the Roasted red Rubber chicken envelope filter a day or two ago, I go to the gym tonight to work off some beer gut...and yeah, he posts the Chicken and tape delay for 50 bucks each...both sold out by the time I get home.....I do want the White Dragon though....

Yeah, that is weird....the sale is supposedly still going....everyone is waiting for him to drop something...I am excited about the freebie Tchula heading my way, though...

Welcome back my friends, to the sale that never ends. Well, it ends only temporarily, I guess......Lots more stuff up. If someone does seek that "SRV in a box"" thing, that SRV So Naked looks like a deal.....Though I would suggest pairing it with some sort of boost in front to give a great bit of added flexibility.

The Red Zen may well be the best OD I have ever played. Gets p,entry aggressive.

I won the free Tchula, bought an HSR Reverb for cheap and a Naked Rubber Chicken.

I am debating snagging the Naked SRV Pedal too.....

Archived