Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Any Lovepedal Fans hanging out?

30 minutes ago, mrjamiam said:

Is anyone else still waiting for shipping notification for pedals ordered as far back as 18 Nov?

Yep. One order on 11/18, one on 11/20. No shipping info yet. I understand that some items specified they were "to be built" and might take 2-3 weeks to complete. So, 2+ weeks in thus far. Not yet time to panic.

It appears they sold a ton (maybe thousands?) during a very extended, longer than usual,  sales event so hopefully nothing got lost in the process.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, mrjamiam said:

Is anyone else still waiting for shipping notification for pedals ordered as far back as 18 Nov?

12 hours ago, django49 said:

It appears they sold a ton (maybe thousands?) during a very extended, longer than usual,  sales event so hopefully nothing got lost in the process

I haven't heard a word either. But I think it's too early to worry. I didn't get any e-messages from my 1st order but the pedals arrived in good shape in a couple of weeks. I think he sold a ton over Black Friday and the week that followed. So while my inner ass-hat SOB wants to think about that dude took my money and went to Hawaii for the holidays, I imagine that he is burning the midnight oil trying to get my pedal in a box and headed my way.

At least I hope so.....

I bought 3 and the one I ordered on 18 Nov shipped today. Be patient, they sold a ton and they are making them in batches....they will have one more sale prior to Christmas but it will be much smaller that this last gigantic sale. Sean is often on the GearPage Lovepedal thread and he said he will go on vacay after the holidays for a couple months.

i got on GP a couple weeks ago just for the purpose of learning more about Lovepedal. The owner is a cool guy.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:56 PM, mrjamiam said:

My 18 Nov order is here.  I made another one later, no word on that one yet.  And heaven help me, there are still a couple of pedals I would buy from them if they are offered at good prices again.

12 minutes ago, mrjamiam said:

My 18 Nov order is here.  I made another one later, no word on that one yet.  And heaven help me, there are still a couple of pedals I would buy from them if they are offered at good prices again.

The 11/20 order was "early" despite the warning that it would take 2-3 weeks to build. The 11/18 was way late, but then arrived in 2 days. I guess the total time on that one was 25 days, but all is good.. There is nothing in particular that tugs at me, but I did hear there might still be a "super special" before year end.

2 minutes ago, django49 said:

The 11/20 order was "early" despite the warning that it would take 2-3 weeks to build. The 11/18 was way late, but then arrived in 2 days. I guess the total time on that one was 25 days, but all is good.. There is nothing in particular that tugs at me, but I did hear there might still be a "super special" before year end.

Yeah, I recall seeing for some of the pedals that there would be a delay while they're built.  Others didn't have such a description, and some even were labeled as "NOS" or "Blem", leading one to believe that they were already assembled.

I have the HSR Reverb arriving NLT Saturday.. that leaves the Rubber Chicken which I don’t have a shipping notice on yet...,the ZenDrive and Tchula have made me a believer in Lovepedals....he has about 5 more I want.  Sean said he’d have another smaller sal of “billet” pedals before Christmas...from what I understand, the billets are fancy milled Steel enclosures.

That Tchula is a wonderful dirty boost that cleans up like  a Ge FuzzFace. Love it.

I am a fan of the billet style, so named because they are shaped from a solid piece of aluminum. Be aware they command a premium price. But I am totally sold on such as this link to  one, given how versatile the built in boost ("2 pedals in one!") works for me.

If I understand, the boxes are an expensive special order and he does not keep them (least not many) in stock. Perhaps he is hard at work creating a larger than normal batch in time to get them under the tree by the 25th(?)

https://reverb.com/item/4726946-lovepedal-super-stevie-six-billet-boost

16 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

I have the HSR Reverb arriving NLT Saturday.. that leaves the Rubber Chicken which I don’t have a shipping notice on yet...,the ZenDrive and Tchula have made me a believer in Lovepedals....he has about 5 more I want.  Sean said he’d have another smaller sal of “billet” pedals before Christmas...from what I understand, the billets are fancy milled Steel enclosures.

That Tchula is a wonderful dirty boost that cleans up like  a Ge FuzzFace. Love it.

Hmm, "billet" and "fancy" don't sound like they're going to equate to "good price" for me.  I'm keeping an eye out for a Vibe and and EP3.

I want an EP3 too and regret missing it during the last sale. And I agree, fancy billets don’t equate to 50 bone specials....but we’ll see....

This is ridiculous....I sold. Strymon Flint Reverb/Trem recently to fund a decent mic preamp...I don’t use verb often....so I picked up an HSR-3  for when I do want Reverb...and man O man, it is awesome. 3 useable modes that all sound really good. As good as the Flint at 1/4 the price....

...and today the Rubber Chicken envelope filter arrives....it is exactly what I was looking for...it nails the solo guitar sound of Kiss by Prince....envelope filters have never worked for me....I want them to cause zI like the effect....we’ll, THIS ONE WORKS. 

I am on the verge of becoming a full-bore Lovepedal fanboi. His pedals just plain work for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Not surprised to see that I missed out on The Valve Reamer, what with all the fanfare and bs about it over on their TGP page. Glad I am not a big TS fan. But there's always something interesting at his sales. I Believe I'll find something I like. B)

Have y'all figured out the schedule for updating the page?  I've missed out on a couple of freebies, which is not a huge deal, but there are some other things that have sold out as well.  I'd like to try to catch the updates as soon as possible after they occur.

If there is a schedule I haven't figured it out. But it seems that the current program is to post new pedals immediately after I leave and sell out of the one I'm looking for just before I come back. But since I've already bought more Lovepedals than I can ever justify, it's just a game now. Catch as catch can or wait until the next round.

You need to consider the business model....Sell direct, do it periodically and make things available for a very short (undefined time). Throw in one or two freebies, sure to be gone within seconds. Update randomly. Many people stop to ponder how much they NEED a certain pedal and then "Damn! It's gone!" Next time I will not hesitate! Take my credit card PLEASE!"

How much more do you need to do to get people to keep refreshing their connection all weekend?

Well, that is my semi-educated guess......

Archived