Hamer Fan Club Message Center

LucSulla

Arrives tomorrow... and I have pneumonia :wacko:

I did go to the doctor, so I guess I won't die despite feeling like I will.  When I get on the mend, I plan on micing it up and trying to do a tone demo through the bogner since I have some decent mics and pres these days.  

I developed a nasty single pneumonia in 2007 and damn near ended up in the hospital. I ignored the symptoms for several days before seeing a doc and getting a chest x-ray. I missed about 10 days of work (Hell, I've never even taken 10 days of vacation leave) and the accompanying cough stayed with me for about two months. Those of you who've never had such a case just don't know how close to asphyxiating and dying it feels.

Take care, get plenty of rest, and show us pics after you've recovered. 

7 hours ago, scottcald said:

I've had pneumonia a couple of times in my life - hope it goes away soon.  What's your mic and pre setup? 

If you're feeling too poorly, I'm sure any of us would be glad to record the sound samples for you.  :lol:

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 and some AKG p420s, a Sennheiser e609, and the usual 57s. 

This is my second time to have it.  I guess this is now a new thing I have to worry about.  

I'd like to add that Mike is awesome to work with.  I gave him pretty much the most nebulous, terrible explanation possible of what I like in a neck, and he nailed it.  Seriously, it was something like, "Well, I like some meat, and I really like 50s Gibby necks... but I also love the slim neck on my Norlin LPC and on my Firebird."

Mike more or less asked which I played more, and I said something like, "Oh, mostly Lester trad with a 50s neck and the Firebird... "

Somehow he took that gobbledygook and nailed it.  It feels slim, but when you barre, there is a comfy little bit of chunk there to ward away cramping.  

I didn't get as wild with customization as some folks did, but I did opt for an ebony board and a 25.5' scale.  It's got exactly the spank I was hoping it would have - roll the gain off,  and you can get a pretty passable twang out of it.   The pickups are also rad.  

So there you go. 

You know you are NOT making it any easier to wait, don't you?

I share the hankering for the longer scale and ebony. And have a few other "personal tweaks" just to keep things interesting.

Love the color!

Oh that's nice. The burst is perfect.

12 hours ago, LucSulla said:

...I didn't get as wild with customization....

No need - it's great just like that.

Don’t leave it on the green for to long. The lawn mower robot might not be recognizing it for the natural green it has.

Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived