Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Pics of studios and studio customs/arch tops

Ua D

Damn. This is better than expected.  Purple studio with single coil neck and a Floyd rose! Quilted top and super tight flame natural studios! Blue teal burst studios! Black with creme binding! Redwood! Triple threat! Keep this going guys.  :lol:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Disturber said:

So many great guitars here. But many with dots and unbound necks. A Studio CUSTOM (as the thread starter is asking for) is a Studio with bound neck and block (or Victory) inlays, right? 

Yes, but the thread title asks for pics of Studios and Studio Customs.

23 hours ago, Ua D said:

Now that's my kind of guitar.   Don't know that I've seen a black studio like that before.  

I bet you haven't seen one like this one, either.

Studio-Closeup-small.jpg

I wonder what happened to the ol' triple pickup SC? I've never seen it posted anywhere since I sold it in 2006.

1 hour ago, Lockbody said:

Studio-Closeup-small.jpg

I wonder what happened to the ol' triple pickup SC? I've never seen it posted anywhere since I sold it in 2006.

Did that belong to the world famous @Turdus before you?

Here's one I miss.

DSC_268418_600.jpg

Here's one I have.

20160806_174728_1470521560005_resized.jp

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Did that belong to the world famous @Turdus before you?

He did indeed own that one years ago - I played it a few times when it was local.  Nice!

6 hours ago, Lockbody said:

Studio-Closeup-small.jpg

Sweeeetttt.   A new white whale to chase.  

On 11/25/2017 at 11:26 AM, gwayne said:

My first Hamer. Purchased from the original owner. 1995 Studio custom ordered with body binding. Currently sporting Dimarzio Anniversary PAFs which are fantastic. Second pic shows how much the binding has aged. 

fullsizeoutput_5e8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5e9.jpeg

Lots of wonderful looking Studios and Sunbursts on this post. That guitar was mine for a couple of years. I'm glad that it came home to its previous owner.

Guitar George

Here's my 1995 Sunburst Archtop Sunburst. I traded my '96 Gibson Les Pau Custom to Dave Starr (former bassist of Vicious Rumors) to get this guitar. I'm happy with my trade and it's a great sounding, resonant guitar. The guitar currently has a Dimarzio Norton and Bluesbucker neck pickup (zebra style of course!). I may reinstall the original Seymour Duncan '59 neck pickup back in again. 

Guitar George

Nt5jSWK.jpg

On 11/26/2017 at 1:59 PM, Lockbody said:

Studio-Closeup-small.jpg

LIKE!:wub: A lot!:) Sharp looking guitar!:)

Acquired this 2003 Studio Custom from a board member earlier this year. I'd say it's pretty close to what I would custom order given the chance, quilt top, bright aztec gold, ebony fretboard, crown inlays and neck/headstock binding. The pickups aren't original and I have no idea what they are, there are no markings on them. They sound fine, but I have a set of Gravelin double creams that I'll drop in eventually.

y4mLs73tJHZcIaztbdYUhKUGCP_qCBNw1_cUsE9R

y4mebN43zkdM2cMhhI5AYXFeogO6rqrk0DlluGbi

My '95 Studio, bought from a former HFC member right before he was permanently banned. Fortunately, he didn't have it long enough to subject it to his electric drill buffing process.

n1LpTsv.jpg

ApY1hGN.jpg

Archived