Cool Vernon Reid Chap

Craig

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... it was on the back page of an old guitar player that we were tossing. Good stuff.

You were tossing out old GP mags?! :P If you have no use for them , there are those of us who would love to be able to find some of the old issues.

You don't happen to have the one with the Steve Vai lesson showing a bunch of his best licks from throughout his career up to that time, do you? I think it was from some time in the early 90's. I used to have it and it disappeared. I'd be able to die a happy man if I had that issue and learned to play those licks!

Here you go Jack.... cat is out of the bag now. Let the rumors end. They won't do boomers right now, but crowns aren't a problem. Since Kahler trems are back in business and looking for manufacturers to put their trems on as OEM, it is only fitting to test drive them out on the best guitars in the world!!!!! Short scale isn't a problem either.

Never say never, but be ready to pony up!!!!!

Peter.

Very nice one Peter! Say, was there an upcharge for the "Stadium Logo"?

Chris: I had to beg for that one as there is a very limited supply sitting in the drawer in the factory, but of course it is all about who you know and who you love. Seeing as "retro" is in these days, it was only fitting.

Peter

Peter - what made you "Pony Up" for a guitar that is somewhat available at budget prices? Was it worth it? How does it compare to the older Chaps, I assume there is somekind of difference? BTW - Nice looking guitar

That one wouldn't have been available at budget prices. Glad Hamer made that one. They sure have made some cool guitars, especially lately again! :P

Peter, I'm sure you're just testing us cuz I just got a quote incl. those inlays for my vector. :P doing a cali-style body like you'd expect.

edited to add. after sw Jol, there are only 3 models they will put boomers on as of now.

Very cool Peter!! I tried many times and couldn`t even get a quote. How do they even know if I would buy it, if I don`t know how much it is? To all you guys that enjoy taunting me, have fun, you`re just digging your own graves with me. I am a good guy, but once I don`t like you, it is forever. Jack.

To all you guys that enjoy taunting me, have fun, you`re just digging your own graves with me. I am a good guy, but once I don`t like you, it is forever. Jack.

"And I don't like no one touching me. Any of you homos touch me...I'll kill you."

Lighten up, Francis.

:P

Peter - what made you "Pony Up" for a guitar that is somewhat available at budget prices?

Peter, really great one, really.

Well, there are almost NONE short scale chaps around in excellent condition. Eitther they have horrendous colors, or are beat to death, or wating/just had a refret, or what not.

If you really need a mint one, in a decent color, you MUST go custom, baby.

That would be cool in Natural Mahogany, or even Natural Korina!!!

I'm reiterating an old post here; it seems like I end up repeating myself over and over, but here goes...

Hamer will do anything you would like. They will build you a quadruple necked bass with 18 strings running into quad pickups all tuned differently if you so desire.

The problem here that most people seem to have is they request an oddball custom and then are astounded at what it will cost. I'm sure that Jol and Frank get quite tired of fielding such goofball requests like:

Customer X:'Can you build me a Scepter?'

Hamer: "Why sure. That will be $4000, just for starters. We will have to do it totally by hand, as this isn't a standard model anymore..."

Customer X: 'Wow. Why so much? I can buy one on eBay for $350..."

And you wonder why Hamer just cuts people off by saying "no."

Here's a foolproof way of getting what you want from Hamer. Call BCR Greg, Alpep, or any of the other fine Hamer dealers who are regulars on this board. Give them a large amount of cash.

If they tell Hamer you're serious, they will do anything.

How do I know? Every oddball custom that I have bought, or anyone else on the board has bought, starts life in this fashion.

Spell Check is for lazy people.

:P

Rob:

Actually, I've tested that one no less than 5 times in the last few years. I know of at least ONE thing that they won't do (that they have done before). Apparently, there is no amount of money that will change their mind right now. I've said every time that cost is not an object, and can back it up with the green. It is just not something they are interested in doing at this time.

I can respect that, but will still keep trying...

Archived