Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Cool Vernon Reid Chap

Craig

I was going through old rock stuff with the Missus when we ran across an old ad from Hamer featuring Vernon holding an awesome Chap, the one that says "E=MC2" in the fretboard. Cool ax!!!!! It's a mint condition ad, I'm probably going to have to frame this one eventually. I never would have noticed it except it was on the back page of an old guitar player that we were tossing. Good stuff.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vernon still has, and tours with, all of his Hamers including the E=MC2. BTW, check out Vernon Reid & Masque - Known Unknown released on Steve Vai's Favored Nations label. Its incredible! Not at all what I expected. Also... a new Living Colour record in the works.

Jack:

Take it easy. They replaced that neck (at this point) close to a decade ago. It has been hanging on the wall in the shop (the twisted E=MC2 neck) since at least 1998. Vernon brought his guitar with the NEW neck to HFC1 in 1998.

Ah, custom Chap order? Care to explain this one. Thanks-Jack.

Jack, you're a bedroom hack with a few bucks. Hamer's not going to rearrange their business schedule to accommodate your virtually profitless custom order. They may however have time for a high visibility artist that could actually promote the brand and draw in a few customers. Keep the Chaps you have and learn how to play them. They by themselves are already twice the quality of what most of the performing world uses to make their millions.

I think somebody was probably having some fun at Jack's expense. Hamer has not made a set-neck Chap in the last 2 years that I am aware of.

Take it easy...exhale...count to 10...!!

I have no idea why that would have been deleted unless the poster (or a complainant) specifically asked to have it removed or hit an alert or something. Ya got me.

Hey Hunter, this bedroom hack sais to "Kiss My Ass", 2nd money talks, and money sepnds just as good as anyone elses. So don`t tell me what the heel I play and where I play it. come say it to my face if you have the balls, but I dought you do. Jack. P.S. I still think Hamer made a Chap and this is being covered up. I do believe the one response was deleted because Hamer got caught with their hand in the cookie jar so to speak.

Conspiracy theory. I highly doubt that they made one, and if they DID, it would have been for much more than what Jack has deemed a "fair" price. Just my opinion - not based on facts.

I think Rick was pulling your leg, Jack.

Ya, he may have been and I wasn`t mad at him, just that Hunter fag above calling me a Bedroom Hack. Let him say that to my face personally. I know I am not Vernon Reid, and Hamer never even gave me a quoted price, they just said we are not making Chaps at this time. I may have paid their price, they didn`t give me a chance. Jack.

I still think Hamer made a Chap and this is being covered up. I do believe the one response was deleted because Hamer got caught with their hand in the cookie jar so to speak.

This quote of your is probably the most bizarre thing I've ever read on this board.

No sweet-pea you're money doesn't talk. If you want it to, you'll have to pony up more than you're willing...as has been pointed out repeatedly to complete exhaustion. People 'round here that have had unique things built, have payed through the nose for it and understand why. You don't. And the idea that you equate celebrity endorsement custom work with consumer level buying is just crazy.

Repeat after me Jack.

I...am...sniffing...too..much...elmer's...paste........I....need....a...swift....kick...in...my...garanimals!!!!!!

Archived