Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NYC Radiohead tribute show 12.13.17

burningyen

18 hours ago, HAMERMAN said:

Good luck with the gig Ben, hope you guys make it to the Danbury CT area at some point!

Do you have the Police thing going at the same time or did that band/project never materialize? (Recognized you in the CL adds.)

Thanks, it was a great gig! Packed house, enthusiastic crowd, and we didn't play half bad. I'm hoping to play a show closer to home early next year. Is there a venue in Danbury you'd recommend?

I decided to walk away from The Police/Sting thing. Instrumentally we were solid, but vocally we just couldn't quite get there. Although I *can* sing the parts, I knew that when the rubber met the road at a gig I'd struggle to make it through a whole set. Plus I'm just boring as shit as a frontman. Our bassist gave it a shot but wasn't able to hack it, either. Maybe someday if I meet the right singer.

7 hours ago, DBraz said:

Great band.  Lucky is probably my favourite song of theirs too.

As I've gotten older I've started to gravitate more towards their sleepier piano-based stuff, but Lucky has reemerged as one of my favorites again. It really soars.

2 hours ago, burningyen said:

As I've gotten older I've started to gravitate more towards their sleepier piano-based stuff, but Lucky has reemerged as one of my favorites again. It really soars.

It's a builder.  The song grows and the intensity heightens in an anthemic way.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived