Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Psa newer studio gc louisville

I needed to be in the area, so I stopped by. The Studio is in pretty good shape, only a few minor blemishes, a couple of dings in the lower cutaway, a small ding on the upper side directly across from the tailpiece and a couple of small marks on the top/back of the headstock. The front and back have some light surface scratching, exactly what you would expect form a guitar that's been played but well cared for. I thought the top looked nice, definitely better that the GC pic indicated. The neck felt nice and beefy to me, definitely on the bigger side of other Hamers I've played. No Hameritis. Played nice, but I didn't plug it in. Didn't think that was necessary with the EMGs, I wouldn't know how to evaluate them anyway. Serial number is 151703. I forgot to ask about a case.

Here's a couple of quick pics I took. I had one of the dings in the cutaway, but it turned out blurry. 

y4mrGDUKBdVaLp6gChDyap0HLHlNnTSimn95-riY

y4m8U4XP7oTf1BsIKFlnfhuBPbmQNrKUyGErcXGn

y4mF-B0KSVE71gf5omQZ3LAFGmS5r1xWXO7EdLD3

I bought an Ovation Legend 12 String a couple years back from GC.  Same deal with it's picture.  I called the salesman and he was accurate about the guitar detail except odor of the guitar and case that smelled like stale cigarette smoke and to top it off it smelled like someone tried to deodorize it with an air freshener.  It reminded me of a stale smoky hotel room.  I left the case open and the guitar out on a guitar stand for 1/2 a year and the odor went away.

If I was looking for a Studio I'd call GC and offer them $800 for it and see what they would counter with.  I don't know much about EMG's but apart from the pickups it looks like a nice guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

This ended up going back to my local GC...  guitar is in nice condition, nice vintage

carve neck.   nut had been replaced (hard to spot) and some extra curricular activity in

the bridge saddles (extra notches etc). string alignment/heights just didn't feel

totally right to me...     Given that it would cost a few bucks to get the EMG's out

and redoing a CTS harness, I was really not up for sending to a tech on top of that...  

That said, could be a cool axe for someone who might like it as is... if someone is

interested, I can share more pics.    

Archived