Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tell Me About Your Christmas Haul

Michael_B

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you didn't get a lump of coal, you're still doing alright. B)

My daughter gave me my only music-related gift:

43083-1508013862121-Gildan-Men-Dark-Grey-_w91_-front.jpg

Other daughter got me a fancy set of beer glasses made for different types of beers. I'll be trying those out real soon.

Wife got me a roll-up tonneau cover for the truck. Pretty sweet.

Had a great Christmas - the truce held on all family feuds for once.

Re-reading this, I'm pretty sure my fear of becoming a redneck has been realized. YEE Haw! I mean....Dammit.

My Xmas haul occurred a month and half or so early when my wife helped me acquire the Fath double neck. However, I treated myself to a few goodies in lieu of having a timely score. A Marshall 1960 B cab, a Mogami gold guitar cable,  and a new leather riding jacket.

Naturally, it all will fall by the wayside as soon as my HEL arrives! :D

Skull Jacket.png

My music related gift was a Big Blue Party Bluetooth wireless indoor/outdoor speaker  from Brookstone. Really like it. Has some serious boom and sounds great from any part of the room. A little Rory Gallagher working right now.  

I’m sorry you got nothing MB...,that saddens me. You seem like a great guy and no one should be forgotten on Christmas. 

My wife and I decided that since we get whatever we want Year-round(within budget and reason, of course), we have have a small Christmas between us. 

I got a comfy shirt and  matching loungewear pants, a cool dog tag necklace with a little Black Stone in it, a bottle of Wild Turkey and a bottle of Crown!! I typically drink a lot of beer so the hard stuff is a welcome treat. 

Our kids got  me some bucktails for fishing, a cool Guy Harvey longsleeve shirt and an Amazon Echo for both of us. I am shocked at how good it sounds. I didn’t think I’d like one, but it is fun to simply say “Alexa, play me Smokey Robinson’s Going to a Go-Go” or “Alexa, play a Stones mix.” I will try out a lot of music with this thing.

Wife green-lighted me to re-tube my Mark III head as my X-mas gift, so that's a win. It's in dire need.

I guess a kinda X-mas gift to myself via the shop was a haul I pulled about a week or so ago. Guy on local CL selling a large lot of guitars (nine in total) all needing various degrees of TLC for a ridiculously cheap price for the batch. Nothing over the top in the lot, mostly decent student to intermediate guitars with enough meat on the bones for me to fix most of them and turn them for a little profit via my bench rate and still offer damn good deals for people wanting functional but cheap axes. The issues ranged from electrics with electronics issues,  acoustics needing new nuts and saddles, etc. Five guitars are getting fixed and turned out of my shop. Two, a cheap short-scale student bass and a very cheap acoustic, were basket cases or just not worth the effort after assessment so they were harvested for salvageable parts. As for the other two ...

I'll likely keep the '86 MIJ Fender Contemporary Series Strat in Lake Placid Blue for myself for my labor and toil :)  I'll get a photo of it when I get a chance.

I'll likely also keep this Silvertone H615, circa '63-67, for the shop's cool conversation piece collection after I address a few structural issues and get it back up and running. 

25592112_1772047116430798_92095269936505

I got a coupla pairs of Dockers + a couple of books in the history/biography categories that have evolved into my favorite reading material.

The Missus got one of those no-batteries-required Citizen watches. Princess got some electronics and gift certificates.

Simple-and-practical-but-decent seems to be the credo we've got into for Xmas.

We continue to be boring. Kinda decided we would do more good by ramping up our support of  some worthy organizations rather than acquire more stuff. St. Judes and Shriners are a couple that we think do a lot of good for children that need help AND do not spend a lot on "overhead". (I HATE it when you make a donation and they spend it all on encouraging you to give more!)

So, I too will live vicariously, ogling the new music gear others have scored with.

My wife is funny.....Spends money as if she can't. Has had a nice cashmere robe for a couple decades, but it was getting pretty worn. Her solution? Replace it with the cheapest she could find (also the most shapeless, one size fits all, for her size 5 frame), at Costco. Somehow, Santa-na Claus managed to put something a tad nicer into her stocking.

Very quiet. Unusual white Christmas here, so we just stayed out of the way of those slipping and sliding on the roads.

I just just make sure my teenage kids acknowledge my wife and she does the same, that's about it. I have no real wants or needs for guitar gear anymore and we have a little bit of acreage that the empty nest house will be built on in the very near future so that's kind of replaced the want of more "stuff".

Brother got me a CME bag for my bass.

CMEPREMGBEB.jpg?v=1486202275

Actually a great little bag.  Now I just need some reason to actually take my bass out of the house!  :lol:

My daughter (and fellow Python fan) bought me this:

61cI79wKRLL._UX522_.jpg

Lastly, the Black Mamba Tchula I bought for myself here on the FS Board just arrived and the HVAC guy just got my heat working again (out since Christmas Eve) - it's a great day!

19 minutes ago, velorush said:

the HVAC guy just got my heat working again (out since Christmas Eve)

Our AC went out at the end of last summer, so we have that repair looming, plus we had to replace a water pump and other associated goodies in one of the vehicles a week or so ago. With all that going on the wife and I had a no gifts policy, but that went out the window. She got a pair of Kate Spade pajamas, I got a couple pairs of shoes (including my first ever pair of Vans).

37 minutes ago, MCChris said:

Our AC went out at the end of last summer, so we have that repair looming, plus we had to replace a water pump and other associated goodies in one of the vehicles a week or so ago. With all that going on the wife and I had a no gifts policy, but that went out the window. She got a pair of Kate Spade pajamas, I got a couple pairs of shoes (including my first ever pair of Vans).

HVAC Dude is at my house now. :( 

I got a paid day off from my employer, nothing else.  Nothing else needed.  Not to get sappy but I thank my lucky stars to have what I have.  Looking forward to another year!  Hope you all had the merriest Christmas ever!

I landed something big (for me) guitar-wise, that could be considered a X-mas gift (for me, from me). It came together unexpectedly and quickly last Friday.

I'll post details when it arrives....I'm a drama queen.

Other than that, socks. And I'm good with that. Considering 2016-2017, I'm just happy we're all still here. *Knock on wooden head.

I got gift cards, which is what I sent out as gifts (or checks, depending on who it was going to) as well.  I don't have kids, so that makes life MUCH easier as far as gift expenditures go.  No iPhones to buy, no XBoxes to buy, no cars to pay for, no kids to bail out of jail, just livin' the simple life.

Archived