Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tell Me About Your Christmas Haul

Michael_B

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every Christmas and birthday, my mother-in-law gives me a card with cash in it, and specific instructions that I spend it on myself, rather than throw it into the constantly-draining bucket that supports a family of six. Getting "Christmas money" kind of makes me feel like I'm 12 again (I'm 58), but hey... I'll take it.  With this year's Benjamin, I almost bought a Soul Food, but then I found a good deal on a used Wampler Tumnus, so that's my Christmas pedal.

Beside that, a couple books and an Amazon Echo I'll probably send back.  Privacy paranoia aside, I suspect it wouldn't take me long to start screaming obscenities at Alexa.  I don't need a disembodied voice suggesting things I should buy.  I have too much crap already.

Didn't really get these items for Christmas per se, but near the time I got two items, first a PRS S2 Mira, which I'm loving, and a dove in and bought a Helix on the holiday sale that gave the backpack with it for free.   I have to say, prior to the Helix, I haven't really taken to the Line6 stuff, but the Helix has changed my mind about them.  

My AKG K550s finally fell apart, so my wife got me these Oppo PM-3s:

img_3533.jpg

They sound awesome! I'm hearing all sorts of crazy details (bow hiss on strings, spatial cues) I never did before. The clamping force does get a bit much after an hour or so, but I see it as a good reminder to give the ears a rest.

3 minutes ago, 0054 said:

I got a propane wok stove... it's pretty intense hi heat for it's intended purpose. Nothing musical, but I'm a much better cook than guitarist.

Man, I'd love to have one of those. Dibs!

Well I got 3 1959 Les Paul's, a couple of '62 sunburst strats, a 1958 flying V, Eddie's original Frankenstrat that he built in the '70's and finally an early  Martin D-45 with a Gibson SJ-200 thrown in just for the weekends.

Who wants to come round to mine for a jam?

selfishly.....

neTfyrj.jpg

one of the CME blowouts. the first one, sent it back with a laundry list of wrongs, they sent me another and I like it.

from the family, flannel, my favorite bottle of scotch, and amazon's alexi.... I don't know about that one, still on the fence with that.

The real gift(s) are in the works thou.... a pair of old man and old woman chairs... we went and got fitted for a couple of Stressless recliners ;)

On 02/01/2018 at 7:33 AM, Fast Eddie said:

Well I got 3 1959 Les Paul's, a couple of '62 sunburst strats, a 1958 flying V, Eddie's original Frankenstrat that he built in the '70's and finally an early  Martin D-45 with a Gibson SJ-200 thrown in just for the weekends.

Who wants to come round to mine for a jam?

Richie Rich (ye bass tard)

220px-Richie_Rich_comic_No_254.jpg

oh yeah, yeah, Christmas gift haul. a 12-pack of GL socks, a 5-pack of Jockey undies in assorted colors, a new pair of Nike Cross Trainers,  and a gift box of the Cindy Crawford line of Meaningful Beauty beauty products.  Something to make those lines on your face disappear Dad.  Hey!  I earned every single one of those lines.  Its kinda like when you see a guitar with the finish played off of it.  Only true cannibalistic pagans would refinish it.

Take a sweet suck of THAT Cindy.

caddie

Archived