Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Frozen Jam: Saturday, Feb. 24

BruceM

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew! I'm coming back to life here. The intensity always ratchets up a few notches when you've got a houseful of HFCers, especially the ones that come from afar. What a great time, snowstorm and all, but then again it wouldn't be a Frozen Jam without a weather system or two moving through. I've decided that last night's storm should have a name, and that name is: Chakra Kahn.

Rock on, HFC Brethren. As I'll continue to say for the rest of my life (I hope), one of the best things I've ever done for myself is inviting all these Yahoos over, over and over.

Thanks for the pics, Kiz. I don't have much on my camera, but if I find something suitable, I'll post it.

^^^^^Plays a decent harp too, the one time we saw him jump up on stage with Robben Ford in a small club in Hollywood. THAT was a surprise.

(Not sure if was INVITED on stage, but no one tried to throw him off). ;)

Whew.  Finally in my hotel room in Chicago on the next leg of my Midwest Tour. 

First, a thousand thanks to @BruceM, the undisputed, unchallenged  ambassador of the HFC.  The most gracious host I have had the pleasure of waiting out a blizzard with.   @Jeff R's gumbo was delicious.  No wonder we almost ran out, and a good thing you saved my riot helmet! That could have gotten ugly.  

@sirDaniel, thanks for cooking the wieners in the snow.  You're a tougher man than I.  

Great meeting @Eric Weston, @BillW, @robbie, and seeing @bubs_42 again.  

And I FINALLY met my long lost brother from another planet @Ted Martin face-to-face!  It was a thrill unlike anything I can recall in years.  

Of course, every time I have spent an extended period with @MCChris it is always memorable and this was no different.  It was also great to hang with @BadgerDave, without intimidating bar maids hanging about. 

I'll post more photos when I get situated. 

20180224_194657.jpg

The weather outside was frightful but didn't stop what is always a good time.  The sheer amount of Shishkov presence what off the hook and I got to play two Double Cuts for my first time ever during the jam that evening.  Probably a bad idea, the hook is in. 

Back at you Kiz,  having known and talked to you for hours over the phone and online over the years I felt like I already knew you.   Last night confirmed that I do.  Was great to finally get some face time.  You are an upstanding young man and I am proud to call you a friend.

That said.  These things happen often so any out of towners tempted to come in for one if the future I only have these words of advice, DO IT.   You'll NEVER find a more accepting encouraging and gracious bunch of players. 

Take it from me,  I'm not much of a jammer and no matter how bad I suck they always laugh with and not at me while continuing to encourage me to keep going.   I guess I never thought about it and perhaps they are just sadists as well as masochists.  HA!

Bruce.  My life is better and fuller because of what you started.  

The Minneapolis Group is the best! Its just real, salt of the earth group. Not just the forumites,  Bruces extended family pulls from all the spices of life that settles in your heart like the Gumbo settles in your stomach. You leave feeling full and better then when you arrived. Thanks for everything Bruce and Company! 

Next time @hikarateboy I will remember my glasses and sport coat. ;) 

On 2/24/2018 at 7:26 PM, kizanski said:

20180224_192305.jpg

Great pic! Always a pleasure to play alongside my man @Eric Weston .

2 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

The Minneapolis Group is the best! Its just real, salt of the earth group. Not just the forumites,  Bruces extended family pulls from all the spices of life that settles in your heart like the Gumbo settles in your stomach. You leave feeling full and better then when you arrived. Thanks for everything Bruce and Company! 

Next time @hikarateboy I will remember my glasses and sport coat. ;) 

So, how's the Budda?

6 hours ago, BruceM said:

I don't know why, but Frozen Jams are usually the best!

I'm sure the host has something to do with that.
Either that or the blizzard. 
But probably the host.

Archived