Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I'm in the SF-Bay area.  Got this from BCR back around 2006 I think.  It's a player, lots of battle scars.  When I got it from BCR, they said that it had period correct pickups in it, but not original.  Phase switch was there when I got it, actually pretty useful, so I left it. 

That is the original case there in the linked online photo gallery, beat to heck, stripped to the wood, but I think its state is appropriate to the guitar.  I also have an SKB gig bag, which is very sturdy and has a lot of hard structure to it and is very protective.

Priced at $4000

Webp.net-resizeimage.thumb.jpg.bb03ac4d341acc2f07d74cc86b63285a.jpg

See more Pics here:https://photos.app.goo.gl/TYjhbJIGObNrT46a2

It was set up for 10s, but I just threw some 9s on it to see how it felt without adjusting the truss rod.  Action ended up where you see it, quite low but still plays well.  When I set it up for 10s, I did adjust the truss rod, so it still does its job.

Added some pics of the cowboy chord area, there is some flattening/wear there.  Other pics up around the 5th fret, I don't notice anything there.  I have done nothing to the frets since i got it from BCR. Tried to take a pic or two looking along the frets so you can see height.

• 9 months later...

I have an Ian Anderson Flying V in see through T.V. white.  Nearly mint and killer mahogany Gibson spec V. 

I have build pics and there's even a video on Ian's Facebook page of the exact guitar.  Killer light and plays and sounds great.

Rx6D3fF.jpg

• 3 months later...

Still available.  I don't have measurements, I can take some, but it will be estimates as I don't have calipers.  Phase switch just puts the bridge bucker out of phase with the neck, so it gets hollow when both are at same volume, and you can get interesting sounds playing with the relative volumes.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived