Hamer Fan Club Message Center

#70 The official thread. ;) NOW WITH PICTURES!

bubs_42

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Live without a net! One man, one guitar, one night and it was awesome! If your a semi-hollow guy you know they have a natural overdrive to them that will push an amp. So all night I used my Od pedal 2 times for the 90's songs for just a little grind. The Wolf and Gypsie Band were very gracious and plan to hook us up with more shows down the line. Brian our band leader and guitarist for W&G along with Danny the other guitarist from the W&G are some of nicest guys that i've met over the years in Peoria. They are gear heads and we are able to just talk and hang its great. I handed Danny my Shishkov and in turn he handed me his 63 Strat that was warn in the real way. 

HxC2LZW.jpg

Z9mEyTz.jpg

11MBXYQ.jpg

On 2/4/2018 at 11:14 AM, veatch said:

Amy insight on the "chambering"?  How hollow is semi hollow?

If you go back to the Semi-Hollow Thread, you can see that Mike has carved the top inside as well as outside and routed the the body across the top and slightly around and down the behind the bridge. I'm guessing its is similar to later model artist. I had no feedback issues what so ever, I just stepped back toward the amp when I wanted to hold the note for infinity into controlled feedback. 

• 1 month later...

@veatch All I can say about the chambering is that this guitar is truly alive. Cover everything in this gig, it was the first full gig with #70. Semi Clean, Clean, Gained Up, didn't matter, full string to string separation. Starting to wonder why I have these over chunks of wood around. 

On 2/4/2018 at 10:56 AM, bubs_42 said:

If you go back to the Semi-Hollow Thread, you can see that Mike has carved the top inside as well as outside and routed the the body across the top and slightly around and down the behind the bridge. I'm guessing its is similar to later model artist. I had no feedback issues what so ever, I just stepped back toward the amp when I wanted to hold the note for infinity into controlled feedback. 

All I am going to say is that I am looking forward to my own chamber(ed) music. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

@veatch All I can say about the chambering is that this guitar is truly alive. Cover everything in this gig, it was the first full gig with #70. Semi Clean, Clean, Gained Up, didn't matter, full string to string separation. Starting to wonder why I have these over chunks of wood around. 

OK, now you have told everyone what to order from now on.  At least you will have the original that we all copy. 

On 3/13/2018 at 7:56 PM, Steve Haynie said:

OK, now you have told everyone what to order from now on.  At least you will have the original that we all copy. 

Something about Spruce that is just incredible. This guitar has a bit more snap to it than a Newport, yet warmer than a Studio Custom. Oh and it doesn't feel like either of them, definitely its own beast. The neck carve is to die for. 

• 7 months later...

#0070 has been sitting in the case while I have some fun with other guitars. Last night I pulled it out and put it in the locker with the Phantom and the Prototype. I had not played it in a while, so I sound checked with the Protoype. Set one went great with the Protoype, second set I pull the Shishkov out, IN TUNE, it a chord and instant smile on my face. The second set with that guitar was amazing. It just has the extra 10% every guitar wishes it had, its magic plain and simple. 

Fantastic guitar.  One of the most unique of all the Shishkov guitars so far.  Bubs told me that it was no big deal, but wouldn't divulge any secrets.  Told me that it was just what he wanted in a guitar, after owning so many guitars.  Mike, as always, delivered... 

On 10/28/2018 at 8:14 PM, The Shark said:

Fantastic guitar.  One of the most unique of all the Shishkov guitars so far.  Bubs told me that it was no big deal, but wouldn't divulge any secrets.  Told me that it was just what he wanted in a guitar, after owning so many guitars.  Mike, as always, delivered... 

Same thing goes for #0090, it will be a blended mix of guitars. You will never make everyone happy, so i'm doing these builds for myself. It will be interesting when Team Shishkov and I revisit #0090 is the vision is still the same, or if its advanced in any way. I have commissioned three different guitars each to fulfill my guitar lust and at the same time being loose enough to let Mike do his thing. I'm not the builder he is, I simply go "Here is what is in my head", and stay open to tweaks and suggestions to achieve a higher level than I can imagine. 

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived