Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - eB "Employee Shop Guitar"

Well, that white single-EMG pickup Tally from a couple weeks ago also came from Westerly, as have other really nice Hamers I can recall, but couldn't afford.  We've been told authoritatively the the seller of that Tally was a Hamer employee, and Westerly isn't that big of a town.  Must be the same guy.   I don't have much trouble believing the story, and think the current price is a great deal.   

Yeah, but he's the one we KNOW!  :D

Yes, it is.  The factory serial stamp for the "USA" under the serial number was easily manipulated to stamp "EMP" and "GTR".

5 hours ago, ptm1diver said:

What does GTR stand for?  

Garbage

Trash

Recycle 

4 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

An abbreviation for "guitar", I would guess.

4 hours ago, ptm1diver said:

Who would have thunk/thought or guessed it.  😏

I didn't think it was for the Steve Howe/Steve Hackett group from the '80's:

...though 'EMP' makes me think of 'ElectroMagnetic Pulse', the thing that supposedly fries or disables electronic circuits after an atomic weapon is set off in a region, instead of 'employee'.

11 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

At the HFC events there were Ovation guitars hanging in some parts of the factory like fire extinguishers.  They were there so an employee could just play a guitar instead of spending their day looking at guitars without being able to enjoy one. 

This is the shop guitar that the employees had to play in the Final Assembly setup room during breaks and lunches. The employees asked for one, so the company made one and stamped the back of the headstock EMP GTR instead of a serial #.

That is so cool!

Archived