Hamer Fan Club Message Center

#72 in the house!

BadgerDave

O.M.G. :o

I have a pair of staple pickups in a PRS "Ted".  They are to die for. But that guitar does not hold a candle to yours!

Congrats!

Having been dealt a number, I am enjoying the countdown (count up?) all the more......

The hits just keep comin'!   

That is simply stunning.  Love the Lollar treatment, and you know I'm a Faber fan!

Make that thing piss of neighbors...

11 hours ago, triodecr said:

Beautiful specs and execution!  Izzat a rod magnet '90 in the bridge to go along with the staple 90?

Thanks.  It's a standard wind Lollar P-90 in the bridge position.

6 hours ago, kizanski said:

What's with the knobs?

Just you wait...somewhere in the Midwest, a vintage stove is about to feel very naked.

I had a completely different concept when I completed the build sheet.  Then, last April, I caught  a rut while riding my motorcycle off-road, went over the handlebars and snapped my left collarbone.  It required surgery, a metal rod and four screws to repair.  Everything healed quickly, but I realized there was no way I could comfortably support a solid body guitar with that shoulder.  Mike was very understanding and agreed to change my specs to a semi hollow and make it as light as possible.  I put it on the scale yesterday - 7 lbs, 1 oz.!

The other special features include:

Faber stoptail with steel and brass inserts

Lollar P-90 and Staple pickups

Custom neck profile based on something he had done 30 times previously at a former place of employment :ph34r:

I've played the guitar briefly, but enough to know that it is a complete success.  Light, balanced, and ergonomically perfect. It has a rich full clean tone that can go from smoky jazz to near Telecaster bite.  I can't wait to turn it up and see how it sounds in a group setting.

Some detail shots:

P2170001.JPG

P2170003.JPG

P2170005.JPG

P2170006.JPG

P2170007.JPG

P2170008.JPG

P2170009.JPG

5 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Just you wait...somewhere in the Midwest, a vintage stove is about to feel very naked.

Well,  since you’ve all been waiting . . .  

I made a couple of changes. 

ECB635C0-2BE9-45EA-A029-00A1F5BCFF30.jpeg

Archived