Hamer Fan Club Message Center

BOSS OD 20 Drive Zone

MTM105

Does anyone LIKE COSM technology?  

Is there anyone just waiting for BOSS to produce another??

I can get 3-4 decent enough tones.  GUV DS, BD-2, OD-2 and MUFF FUZZ.

DST+ OK, but I've moved beyond that.

The rest could be subjective depending on gear and amps.  Is it me, or do they basically suck??
Does anyone LIKE COSM technology?

Dude, I have an ME 80 Boss pedal board, and it's frekin good. I am a bit lazy with it though, and because I've got the sounds that I like, I just sort of leave it at that. It is not expensive at all and the distortion and over drives are very good, but of course whatever guitar/pickup/amp set up you have will also contribute to the sound the pedal board will deliver.

Check it out.

Honestly, It's a great pedal, and it goes a great job of sounding like many iconic pedals. However, that's also the downfall. If you don't like those iconic pedals, it isn't really gonna do much for you. I A/B'd it with my Proco vintage rat, and could not tell the difference. It's not like the circuits it is modeling are super complex to begin with.

I have BOSS ME-50.  Also COSM.  Again, there are only about 2-3 usable ODs/Distortion.

I built an entire board around it.  MOD DIS on it is MY tone.

I A/Bed some of the ODs with originals and ME-50, prob because it has tone tweaking, sounded better.

I wasn't trying to knock down COSM.  maybe I was... I don't know..

I recently got a Helix, but prior to that I was using a Boss GT-100 as my "rig".   I really like it.  One feature I really like in the amps was the fact that you could use their Marshall plexi model and you could select between low gain, medium gain or high gain.  That was cool especially since it maintained its character but just added more gain.  

As far as the distortions go, I really use the amp models rather than an amp model with a dirt pedal in front of it, so I don't have any commentary specifically on the distortions.  

See... I like it because sometimes when you're doing songs, or covering stuff, you want one of those old school fuzz or weird sounding pedals. Usually I'm very much about tube overdrive, the kind of stuff you only really get close to with the more modern design pedals, or ones that actually have tubes in them.  But for the other stuff, it's just great.  Also being able to have 5 drive tones ready to go is good in a live setting.

Archived