Hamer Fan Club Message Center

cornjulio

1 hour ago, DBraz said:

Imagine how I felt when I got the first ever six inline contoured headstock photos for my build, let alone the original pencil drawings.

So exciting.

I know that feeling all too well!  It's ultimately worth it when the big reveal happens and you get to see your masterpiece for the first time.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, DBraz said:

Cool inlays.  Whats the story behind them?

I'm a visual artist and I had made some linocuts recently on which the main inlay is based. I was talking to Mike about the idea of having some custom inlays and together we worked something out. It's a bit of a theme here with the head of a cat, a figure I that had featured in my work before and the little fishbones as inlays combined with an oceanburst finish (the colourlooks darker in the pictures more like Chris' Ultimate which was my first choice in terms of the paint job) on the guitar.

image5.jpeg

image7.jpeg

3 hours ago, kizanski said:

"If you don't ask, the answer is always, 'I'll always wonder'."

Made that a little more accurate.

2 hours ago, veatch said:

The reverse headstock goes well with the V. 

I've always loved Rick Nielsen''s standard headstock V as well as the 6 in line for the V.  

I cannot “LIKE” this one enough!

27 minutes ago, DBraz said:

They really do!!!

As blue is the colour of sadness, perhaps the sad guitar that cries it's melodious tones, behind a weeping backdrop of a lonesome bass riff is indeed a sound and sight to be beheld to the guitar wealding gunslinger on his journey through the song....I read that on a Christmas cracker once.

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

As blue is the colour of sadness, perhaps the sad guitar that cries it's melodious tones, behind a weeping backdrop of a lonesome bass riff is indeed a sound and sight to be beheld to the guitar wealding gunslinger on his journey through the song....I read that on a Christmas cracker once.

That sounds like a Bon Jovi song.

• 2 weeks later...

The V has landed!!! First picture here. I'm overwhelmed by it! It's a stunning guitar, plays incredibly well...I can't wait to take it to a rehearsal or recording session...

Trish send me some pictures just now and I'll post a few more later....

It's blueburst btw and NOT oceanburst as I had said in another post before...

shishkov V 80.jpg

Archived