Hamer Fan Club Message Center

3/7/2018 NAD NOW WITH PICTURES!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Ok yes, its not to big for the wife to carry (she can lift more than me) and it is an East Coast Builder. 

May the Schwartz be with you.....

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:30 AM, bubs_42 said:

Wonder what it will be this time? Something New or Something Old? West Coast or East Coast? Maybe a Custom Order? 

WELCOME the "BEAST FROM THE EAST" ! 

Hum, if a Soldano and a Hiwatt, Tagged a Dumble in a drunken three way, this would be the love child! It sounds like nothing and everything at the same time. I'm pretty sure that everyone on the east coast hear me fire this thing up. OML 24x21 and 12" deep this baby moves air.

I'll get some better shots of the cab tomorrow. 

7qIEm0D.jpg

Two of the 3 Monkeys are gob-smacked and approve,,, the third one is still pissed off about the snub,,,

hqdefault.jpg

On 3/6/2018 at 9:30 AM, bubs_42 said:

7qIEm0D.jpg

How is this amp a departure from the Budda SD series? My old SD18 didn't seem to have the "Dumble"/"Soldano" qualities (that I was aware of) you describe. More like a Vox-y clean sound and high-gain lead channel.

Looks like a beauty, though. Jeff does amazing wiring work, and the styling is cool.

@RobB like gtrdaddy said, they have their own voice. It is a single channel amp, but with a foot switchable gain stage for more like a rhythm / lead "mode" switch. Last night I just dimed the volume and turn the mast down, then turned the mode or lead gain all the way down so when you footswitched the amp it was like having a second master and adding bit of umph. 

It can still get chime, it can still sound 18watt marshall/voxey but its not compressed sounded like the SD Series. Maybe compressed isn't correct, buts this is not as dark sounding. There is room for both of them in a stable if you know what I mean. I'm still working it over, I've just skimmed the surface so far. It has so much headroom that it will do clean and dirty very well. 

On 3/6/2018 at 2:25 PM, bubs_42 said:

@Sugartune in the end they are salivate waiting to get there hands on it. I've been lucky to get them at fair prices and I pass those prices on to the next guy. Oh and they are in better shape and sound better after I'm done. I've learned a TON about amps in the last 16 Months. 

I've learned they have an "on" button. 

1 minute ago, gtrdaddy said:

Yeah, Jeff's amps are much like FUCHS in the sense that their rated output is very conservatively rated. A BoberWatt is one very loud watt! 

18 BoberWatts = Oooof!

The 2 watt version was pretty loud. 

5 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

"Was?"

Is that one no longer around? The Monkey must be getting awful nervous.

:lol:

I sold the SD30 to get the 2watt, sold the 2watt to get the EA18 but they stopped making them. It took me a while to find the 2x10. 

I swear, I wish some of these super cool amp designers would run their logos/brand badges by me first...

39 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

I swear, I wish some of these super cool amp designers would run their logos/brand badges by me first...

I am still threatening to stick a Messy Booger logo on my cabinet builds.......

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

Funny you should say that. Every time I see and East Trucking Rig on the Highway I think of these amps. The logo's are almost identical. 

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

MesaBoogie01.jpg

It has a big round sound......Tight, firm and high.....

But it will sound even better when you install the right speaker.....

BIG Speaker.jpg

2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Bober's custom speaker choice for his amps are dead on. Never heard any Budda or EAST that needed a speaker swap.

I may or may not have swapped the Phat Speaker in my Budda for 2 Tone Tubby Ceramics. :ph34r: The speaker was great, I just covered the combo to a cab and with a 2x12 cab and could not find a Matching Budda Cab. 

Archived