Hamer Fan Club Message Center

3/7/2018 NAD NOW WITH PICTURES!

Wonder what it will be this time? Something New or Something Old? West Coast or East Coast? Maybe a Custom Order? 

WELCOME the "BEAST FROM THE EAST" ! 

Hum, if a Soldano and a Hiwatt, Tagged a Dumble in a drunken three way, this would be the love child! It sounds like nothing and everything at the same time. I'm pretty sure that everyone on the east coast hear me fire this thing up. OML 24x21 and 12" deep this baby moves air.

I'll get some better shots of the cab tomorrow. 

f3ALvGR.jpg

Sy3IJcx.jpg

7eNZpOj.jpg

t0PTDIo.jpg

343VJjd.jpg

w1sVoGG.jpg

7qIEm0D.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stick around!  

Next "New Amp Day" will be 4/3/18!

Then...4/16/18, 4/28/18, 5/5/18, and so on, and so on...

:D

And it will no doubt be perfect......Once the speaker is replaced. And the tubes. Then, the.......

Bah, haters gonna hate. Maybe not hate, but razzers gonna razz.

I like that you try out lots of cool stuff. Don't settle for anything less than what you want, even if you don't know what that is :) 

@Sugartune in the end they are salivate waiting to get there hands on it. I've been lucky to get them at fair prices and I pass those prices on to the next guy. Oh and they are in better shape and sound better after I'm done. I've learned a TON about amps in the last 16 Months. 

53 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

@Sugartune in the end they are salivate waiting to get there hands on it. I've been lucky to get them at fair prices and I pass those prices on to the next guy. Oh and they are in better shape and sound better after I'm done. I've learned a TON about amps in the last 16 Months. 

No lie, I wish I could be one of those salivating scavengers, but I'll live vicariously through you for the time being ;). I'm keen on one of those Fuchs that passed through (as well as 3 Monkeys junk), but I don't see them where I am at all. Or most of the cool stuff that passes through you, for that matter, and certainly not at such great deal pricing. 

6 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Wonder what it will be this time? Something New or Something Old? West Coast or East Coast? Maybe a Custom Order? 

Howzabout something "flavour of the week", SS?  Even the HFC newbs are onto you now bud... :D

You know I'm just busting balls bubs.  Actually kinda fun to follow your tonequest experiences, especially since I've been basically settled on gear for some time.  Still try out the odd pedal here/there, but guitars/pickups/amps/speakers has been basically locked down for a few yrs now.  

@gtone, I settled down once, it was a great 45 minutes. ;) 

I once owned the same amp for 10 years. Laney VH100R with a Laney 4x12, that cab was the lightest 4x12 i've ever owned. Runner up was the Budda SD30, next would be the Orangutan Jr, then a blazing trail of mass destruction. That Laney and a Gibson The V from 81, I do miss having a V . I do miss having a V around, i'm right at home with one of those. 

10 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

@gtone, I settled down once, it was a great 45 minutes. ;) 

I once owned the same amp for 10 years. Laney VH100R with a Laney 4x12, that cab was the lightest 4x12 i've ever owned. Runner up was the Budda SD30, next would be the Orangutan Jr, then a blazing trail of mass destruction. That Laney and a Gibson The V from 81, I do miss having a V . I do miss having a V around, i'm right at home with one of those. 

I for one am looking forward to the "big reveal",,,,, and all the subsequent big reveals too. I've only had one amp that lasted 10 years and counting. Sure, it's an awesome Fender Deluxe Reverb inspired 4x10 combo with a unique outer shell, but the biggest reason it will never go is that it has my surname emblazoned on the front :P

SchsTI3.jpg

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

@LordsoftheJungle I did that! The new amp is loaded with 10's and is an amp that I wanted a few years back, unfortunately production of it stopped and it was replaced by another model. I think 10's get a bad rap that they do not deserve. 

Definitely,,,, amps always have different interplay with various speakers and the Deluxe Reverbs like 10s! Sorry about the big error message, I forgot that photobucket had sabotaged everybody's pic posting abilities. IMGR to the rescue!

For all the sh!t I give you, I do appreciate your gear reviews, Shawn. I've tried a few of the things you've raved about and even though they sucked, I'm glad I found out for myself.

@hamerhead at least you liked the Class 5. I actually calmed down for a bit, but once I started playing out again a whole other set of challenges presented themselves. And its so much more fun getting laughed at in person than virtually on the internet when you drag the third amp into rehearsal. 

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

@LordsoftheJungle I did that! The new amp is loaded with 10's and is an amp that I wanted a few years back, unfortunately production of it stopped and it was replaced by another model. I think 10's get a bad rap that they do not deserve. 

10s rock. I always have a 2x10 cab handy.....right now it has GBs getting pushed by the baby Marshall JMP1H.

53 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Sorry Fella's me and the Big Brown Truck, didn't see eye to eye today. So many packages coming in, I had the wrong one held at the depot. DOH! So we must all wait until tomorrow! SORRY ;) 

Bastid

Archived