Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NBD: Jack Casady 20th Anniversary Bass

G Man

For whatever reason I got a serious case of GAS for one of these recently, and one thing lead to another, and here I am.  Really digging it so far.  Put a set of flatwounds on right off the bat and have a set of Gotoh Res O Lites on order for it, as these are known to suffer from neck dive and this is no exception.  The tones available are really nice, from round warm thump to biting growl, its all there.  These have been described as a P Bass on steroids, and that is a pretty accurate description, but on top of that it has a roundness to the tone from the hollowbody that really fills out the low end.  Nice full set neck.  Came with a usuable gig bag and wide leather padded strap with the JC20 logo on it, don't know that I'll use either.  Anyway, here's pics.

xqakbvN.jpgomDF3pP.jpgHjA4Lhx.jpgwQjioVq.jpg

When that first came out in the mid-'90s, Casady was demoing a prototype at a California NAMM show. When he was cranking out his inimitable, grinding, chord-style riffs, Texas blues player Chris Duarte was looking on in appreciation...as was I. Casady's got pretty much of a proprietary sound and style, IMO

that looks great.   Epiphone is doing some very nice stuff lately,    (55 black beauty with a chunky neck,  vintage

style thunderbird, and new flying v's were very cool)   weird how they dialed into cool stuff and Gibson is

whiffing on so many things...

48 minutes ago, DaveL said:

that looks great.   Epiphone is doing some very nice stuff lately,    (55 black beauty with a chunky neck,  vintage

style thunderbird, and new flying v's were very cool)   weird how they dialed into cool stuff and Gibson is

whiffing on so many things...

If the BOD can get rid of Henry and put Jim  Rosenberg in his place, Gibson would have a much better outlook for its future, that's for sure.

Happy New Bass Day! I’ve got a Casady bass as well, lots of good tones... 

My only caveat is that it’s huge!!! Biggest neck I’ve ever played, no way I can play it for extended periods.

I’ve seen Jack Casady from the front row 3 times, no doubt those basses can sound really good! Of course, he’d sound great on anything.

Archived