Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Toadroller's Spring Clearance: Peavey Firenza P-90, G&L ASAT Special Tribute, G&L F100 Series 2, Ibanez Talman Artcore, Nelsonic Starliner LP

I've got too much of everything in my life and I just can't seem to let go of things.  Therefore I'll be pulling the band-aid off real fast here with a bunch of guitars from starters to great ones and points in between.  Some are going to be priced with shipping included, some with it extra, so if you're interested in one, double-check the pricing line.  All shipped to continental US only; I don't want to deal with CITES paperwork or risks.  I'll be listing them a post at a time.

These are quick pics.  If you have any questions about any particular guitar or want more picks, hit me up.

*deep breath*

Here we go.

Peavey Firenza with P90s.  $OLD 03.29, with gig bag + shipping 

USA built same vintage (and similar "elf-hat" peg head as the USA Peavey Wolgangs.  Mahogany body, slim neck, rosewood fretboard, surprisingly nice hardware.  Transparent purple, well used and abused body including a good-sized chip out of the back upper body and a small chip out of fretboard, but neck and frets in great playing condition.  If you know what this is, you know what it is.

Toadroller-1.jpgToadroller-2.jpgToadroller-3.jpg

SOLD, gig bag, + shipping

Indonesian import.  Bought this one new some 6-7 years ago.  Has mebbe 10 hours on it, closet queen with her dark blue jeans burst front and back and frilly top.  Great shape.  Ash body, rosewood neck, jumbo frets, cool tight-squeeze bridge and all G&L imports have USA electronics.  The P90'ish pups have a high output and are great for the volume-knob pushing the amp into overdrive thing.  It did the tele thing for me until I got bubs' cast-off James Burton tele.  

Toadroller-4.jpg

that's a reflection of my ceiling light there in the middle of her back.  Oh, and a smudge, not a scratch.

Toadroller-5.jpg

Don't worry, I got a little better with the photos as the shoot went on.

$700, gig bag, shipped.

Seems ~$700 is the going rate for G&Ls at the HFC this week.  Well, this baby is the father of all G&Ls, the first model, and he came around the first month of production.  Don't let the "Series 2" fool you- that designates the neck radius, which if I recall correctly is 7.5"  You can still bend and vibrato to your heart's content.  Three bolt, three-digit madness with Leo's hi-fi pickups and from another planet wiring.  I'll be damned if I could ever figure it out, but others have documented it all on line and it behaves as they've described.  

Jazzbursty, 2-point fulcrum tremelo without the bar, though I've always just tapped it with my fingers to get the desired tremelo effect.  It's been played, nicks and dings, but it's also a piece of history.  Check out the serial number on the trem-bridge.

Toadroller-26.jpg

Toadroller-31.jpg

Toadroller-30.jpg

Toadroller-27.jpg

Toadroller-28.jpg

Toadroller-29.jpg

$wapped for an Epiphone Slasher!, gig bag, plus shipping

An intriguing mix of beautiful and ugly, this is a rather mellow semi-hollow.  Double bound body, bound neck, sparkle blue.  There's a "line" on the upper bout, but can't tell if it's a finish chip or deeper.  Plays fine and boring.  Think of it as a Honda Accord.  It'll get you there.

Toadroller-18.jpg

Toadroller-19.jpg

Here's the crack.  Little over an inch long.  14 ball is not included.

Toadroller-21.jpg

Toadroller-20.jpg

$150, gig bag, + shipping

Way back at the turn of the millenium when the internet was still young, startup Nelsonic threw out some very low priced but very high quality "interpretations" of LPs, SGs, and Teles.  More of clones, really.  They were sued into oblivion.  I picked this up at the local mom and pop early in my hoarding days and it has served as my LP representative.  It does most LP things right- it's heavy, it's bursty, it's mahogany, it's gussied up.  But it is a BOLT ON which, if you need a stage prop, the audience won't know or care.  That said, it is a better guitar than the Epiphone quilt top master-special-limited-whatever it was I had for  a while, let go on craigslist for $200, then saw at my mom and pop 4 years later for $699, which SOLD.  I took pictures of that one and compared the quilty goodness contours of my old Epiphone, plus a couple of other little touches like the pups.  I'm 99% sure it was the same.

Anyway, I had another wone of these once and it wasn't half the guitar this one was.  Be the envy of your friends with your Slash impersonator on the cheap.

Trigger warning- bolt-on LP pictures below:

Toadroller-22.jpg

Toadroller-23.jpg

Just the tip (is missing)

Toadroller-24.jpg

Seriously, that's a hunk-o-hog.

Toadroller-25.jpg

Smokin’ deal right here on s top notch USA made Rocker! The pickups are really, really well-made Gotoh branded “KMS Old” alnico Low wind P90s.

I should just buy this...

See, I like how it looks too.  And then I don't. 

Regardless, as I was pulling guitars out of the proverbial closets, I opened up a gig bag and had forgotten all about this one.  Ah well, I'm selling ones I love and, well, ones I love.  I love them all- they're all fun players and who doesn't love a G&L or a Special or an import Standard?

But Toadie's got a Shishkov coming at some point and I really need to learn to let stuff go.  Especially some of the old Audis I have kicking around.  What a scrounge.

I've got an old Aragon 4004 for you if you've got a PA 5 for me.  I'd add cash.  :)

• cmatthes changed the title to Toadroller's Spring Clearance: Peavey Firenza P-90, G&L ASAT Special Tribute, G&L F100 Series 2, Ibanez Talman Artcore, Nelsonic Starliner LP

Archived