Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I've got it bad. :(

bubs_42

What ever that thing is that causes you to want more Shishkovs. :o I don't think its GAS, its worse than GAS. Heck I have another one coming, but that doesn't seem to be helping, its seems to be fanning the flames. :unsure:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the feeling....I am considering selling almost all my other guitars , including one of my beloved Hamers to fund one or two more Shishkov’s....

17 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

What ever that thing is that causes you to want more Shishkovs. :o I don't think its GAS, its worse than GAS. Heck I have another one coming, but that doesn't seem to be helping, its seems to be fanning the flames. :unsure:

Wouldn't that be SAS? :lol:

Yup.   U#40 has pretty much been the only guitar I've really wanted to play for months.   No doubt that I can coax the tones I'm looking for out of the gravelin pups. Despite the large body, it's surprisingly light and very well balanced.  But the deciding factor is neck carve is perfect for me.  It's like working with a top notch tailor.  Mike made a guitar that fits me.  So much so that I've put down my down payment for another Shishkov. :) 

Yup. I have a lot of guitars, but they mostly have different purposes. The Shishkovs rapidly replaced nearly all of them.  I have another in line as well to replace another Hamer,  and another in mind... 

I almost never play mine at home.  But I almost never play anything else live.  It kind of reminds me of an interview I read once with Angus Young where he said he fools around all the time with effects pedals and stuff at home, but when it comes time to actually go play for real, they all go back in the closet. 

1 hour ago, veatch said:

Yup. I have a lot of guitars, but they mostly have different purposes. The Shishkovs rapidly replaced nearly all of them.  I have another in line as well to replace another Hamer,  and another in mind... 

Your a sick, sick man. ;) 

7 hours ago, atomicwash said:

Mike & Trish will be busy for a long time. 

I hope they will be too.

@The Shark well you know what to do then. Those who never ask, never receive. Those who never get rejected, will never truly appreciate the times they are excepted. 

For me, #70 Semi Hollow and #90 are tools, never about flash, but serve a purpose. I'm not a fan of Maple give me a stick with a wood with strings on it. 

A thicker body could be

done, but a BIGGER body will require desiging and protyping an entirely new model before building.

I may or may not have spoken with Mike about just such a new model process on the next one... it's going to probably push things back a bit, but I can wait to see something that none of us have seen yet. B)

9 hours ago, The Shark said:

I'm ready to place my third order.  Loved the f-hole guitars Mike made.  I want one a little thicker.  A little bigger.  Solid through the middle third.  Who knows.  He might...

Might be a worthy quest. I latched onto a semi-hollow a while ago that is a bit larger than an ES-335, with solid woods rather than laminate (plywood) and a longer scale. It is one of the most amazing guitars I have ever played. A one off Hamer with fairly similar specs, based upon the SuperPro, lags only slightly behind.

I only ask my self one question before I send Mike a request. Am I asking Mike for a version of an existing guitar or am I asking for a Shishkov?  If its not the latter I don't hit send. I enjoy just kind of giving these loose parameters and letting him take it where it needs to go. 

13 hours ago, The Shark said:

I'm ready to place my third order.  Loved the f-hole guitars Mike made.  I want one a little thicker.  A little bigger.  Solid through the middle third.  Who knows.  He might...

I always wondered about what happened to the Avalon.  And if that ever got reduced to schematics.  

On 3/18/2018 at 1:45 AM, The Shark said:

On 3/18/2018 at 11:05 AM, soli'd said:

I may or may not have spoken with Mike about just such a new model process on the next one... it's going to probably push things back a bit, but I can wait to see something that none of us have seen yet. B)

Power in #'s! 

That being said, i've escalated to Defcon 2 on Shishkov #3. 

On 3/18/2018 at 4:24 PM, BubbaVO said:

I always wondered about what happened to the Avalon.  And if that ever got reduced to schematics.  

“Avalon” was what we called the 2  prototypes in the shop before it was given the official name of “Improv”. It’s the same guitar.  I pulled up some old pics of us working on the first prototype. 

95563BED-457E-4D81-8440-5D991D8DF7A1.jpeg

A86E9C21-049A-4212-A7C6-58F4C39A3C96.jpeg

944911A6-91C8-4D84-9BF5-61C2E84CE4DE.jpeg

11 hours ago, Northfield said:

“Avalon” was what we called the 2  prototypes in the shop before it was given the official name of “Improv”. It’s the same guitar.  I pulled up some old pics of us working on the first prototype. 

95563BED-457E-4D81-8440-5D991D8DF7A1.jpeg

A86E9C21-049A-4212-A7C6-58F4C39A3C96.jpeg

944911A6-91C8-4D84-9BF5-61C2E84CE4DE.jpeg

One of these things is not like the others...

I think I know whose that was...

Archived