Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I've got it bad. :(

bubs_42

I think what I have in mind is a bit different from what most here have assumed.  Mike's in the final stages of my second Shishkov.  I'll get him on the phone after he's done with my current order. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

For what it's worth, I can confirm that, apparently, a Shishkov will get you... eh... personal attention from the ladies. :lol:

So will a Henry J, but not in the same way.  😏

3 hours ago, ptm1diver said:

So will a Henry J, but not in the same way.  😏

Weirdest damn thing.  I talked to her yesterday, and she made a point to tell me that it was really "the green guitar" that caught her eye. 

9 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

Weirdest damn thing.  I talked to her yesterday, and she made a point to tell me that it was really "the green guitar" that caught her eye. 

Everyone knows that guys that play green guitars have a bigger shoe size.......

• 1 month later...

Well I thought really long and hard about ordering another guitar from Mike so I did. You guys know that I by a lot of guitars and I have let a few keepers go from time to time. LOL  #70 is on above any other guitar i've owned. Team Shishkov is just amazing, but i'll still have to wait for #90 and #TBD to come my way. 

On 3/24/2018 at 4:45 PM, Jakeboy said:

Semi hollow is already covered by the Artist.... what I am aiming for with Mr. Shishkov is not hollow or semi hollow in any way....which is why giving up my Newport is so hard. But I am almost there....

I let my Newport go for a  Shishkov to be named later.  It was time.  You'll know when you're ready.

But dang it, a double cut spruce top hollow Shishkov does sound intriguing. 

10 minutes ago, BubbaVO said:

I let my Newport go for a  Shishkov to be named later.  It was time.  You'll know when you're ready.

But dang it, a double cut spruce top hollow Shishkov does sound intriguing. 

Hanging on to my Newport. For now......Must move to next step first.

Good for you.....Two COs in queue(s). Waiting to see which arrives first......

I think I will soon post about three more for sale.......Gotta make room in "the vault".

7 hours ago, django49 said:

Good for you.....Two COs in queue(s). Waiting to see which arrives first......

I think I will soon post about three more for sale.......Gotta make room in "the vault".

Same here, I only plan on keeping my two teles. 

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, FGJ said:

With everyone dumping their Hamers on the market to buy Shishkovs, I'd expect plenty of Hamer bargain deals. After all, supply and demand and all. Gotta price 'em to move, fellas!

Let me guess...  You have an endless stack of $350 money orders and no questions asked.  :rolleyes:

The Sub 1k Hamers are getting harder to come by that is for sure. I don't see anyone knocking down the doors for Phantoms and Prototypes yet and they are marching toward turning into 40 year old guitars soon. Only thing raising those prices is inflation, really good cheap imports are selling for more money. 

If I wanted inexpensive, I'd rather buy used...Come to think of it, two of my three Hamers were purchased used, and the one I bought new, I could only afford it because my buddy worked at a small music store and sold me the guitar at their wholesale cost. 

After seeing all the pretty imported guitars hanging on the walls at GC, and after grabbing them off the walls and feeling how cheap most of them felt compared to my Hamers, I can't see why anyone wouldn't prefer a used Hamer. I guess anything over $350 is still a steep price for someone getting in the game for the first time, especially for a parent who thinks the instrument is just a passing fad for their kid.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived