Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Strange Looking Guitars.................. Show Them!

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Did he actually travel to the gig like that?
I mean, that's pretty strange.

Well, not with the guitar strapped on, duh! :D

He was waiting for the guitarist/vocalist to pick him up.

My wife thinks he looks more like mid-90s era Paul Westerberg there...

pw620.jpg

He's actually 23 and a (temporary!) basement dweller.  The band (EMOTiO) definitely has a certain fashion sensibility - not sure if that is one of his velvet jackets or one of the dark paisley ones.   They're putting the finishing touches on their EP now - it's kind of a jazz/metal/surf/trippy fusion thing.  They're cool live, but I could do without the sax, personally.

17 hours ago, RobB said:

Dang, Fretty! There's something ya don't see evah day. Racer X!

Lefty, too! What's the story on this one?

The only one in existence! (to my knowledge :ph34r:)

Anyway, it was my summer 2015 project. A reclaimed RG neck grafted on a body I made, with a spray bomb finish that turned out way better than it should have.

But I really screwed the pooch on the placement of the toggle switch tho....

19 hours ago, cmatthes said:

They're putting the finishing touches on their EP now - it's kind of a jazz/metal/surf/trippy fusion thing.  They're cool live, but I could do without the sax, personally.

Sounds like my kind of thing.   I have played in similar fusion bands myself and had a ball!

My dad's friend makes some crazy sculpted guitars, which are usually a lot crazier than the one I have. He makes a few with carved mythical beasts, star destroyers, and nekkid ladies.

original.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, gtrdaddy said:

It's quite uncanny how he looks like John Lennon in this picture.

John Lennon is the main reason I had to have a Rickenbacker..

001.JPG

There was a guitar which was a fat woman. I think it was made in Germany, either Hoffner or Hoyer. I found it weird as heck. I don’t think someone of us owns it, but I would love to see a pic of that aberration again —it’s up there with the Wangcaster in weirdness and bad taste. Do you guys know which one I’m talking about? Any pics? I fail to find it using Google. :( 

52 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

What's the story on this one?

It’s listed as a “Short Horn” Phantom in the log books.  Came that way from the factory.  A little SG-ish. Lots of weirdness on this one for 1986-Floyd on a Phantom, factory EMGs, Slanted fingerboard end, etc...

Archived