Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2003 korina Jr. humbucker reverb ad....not mine

7 minutes ago, mrjamiam said:

Tone to the bone cavity cover!  Someone was a fan.  Asking price about $5-600 north of where the korina Jrs seem to usually trade.

Not out of line, considering it's a factory dual humbucker version.
How many of those have you seen?

I love it when sellers give you absolutely no concrete information on the guitar that's being sold. :rolleyes:

Haven't we gotten to a point with internet sales that we at least give buyers the specifics like neck size (measured) and shape?

And how about a total weight on the guitar? 

I feel these sellers often times have these numbers and figures but don't announce them purposely to try and get the largest range of buyers.

I won't buy or list a guitar without its vitals. I'd rather have a good idea going into the purchase of whether or not I am going to bond with it. 

9 minutes ago, DanD said:

I love it when sellers give you absolutely no concrete information on the guitar that's being sold. :rolleyes:

Haven't we gotten to a point with internet sales that we at least give buyers the specifics like neck size (measured) and shape?

I feel these sellers often times have these numbers and figures but don't announce them purposely to try and get the largest range of buyers.

I won't buy or list a guitar without its vitals. I'd rather have a good idea going into the purchase of whether or not I am going to bond with it. 

I don't know how an ad description will tell you are "going to bond with it." That's a very personal experience, and often the vital statistics don't dictate that one way or another.
But I do know this: When a guy asks what a guitar weighs, he ain't buying shit.  And his email gets DELETED.

I quote the great Jim Singleton, "Try-ers ain't buyers, and players ain't pay-ers."
The more questions a guy asks, the less likely he is to buy.

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

I don't know how an ad description will tell you are "going to bond with it." That's a very personal experience, and often the vital statistics don't dictate that one way or another.
But I do know this: When a guy asks what a guitar weighs, he ain't buying shit.  And his email gets DELETED.

I quote the great Jim Singleton, "Try-ers ain't buyers, and players ain't pay-ers."

And the guys who want you to get a set of calipers out never get their wallets out.

9 minutes ago, merlin4 said:

locking sperzel tuners (original?)

Could be.  It's clearly a custom order.
The custom order cert might say something about them (if they're original).

4 minutes ago, RobB said:

Aaack! The “Paddle!!”

08B7236B-9104-4A2C-A55F-0B6A761D9B49.jpeg

Actually, that’s a very cool Junior. I’d be ok with the paddle to own something like that. 

Yeah, that does seem like a lot of unused, blank real estate.

4 hours ago, DanD said:

I've never asked any of those questions, nor do I care.  If I don't bond with it, I figure I can resell.  Like Kiz said, too many questions like that and alarms start going off in my head "Don't sell to this guy!"

5 hours ago, kizanski said:

I don't agree with this at all. If the neck is under .81" it'll cramp my muscles in my wrist. I know this from measuring the guitars I have that are comfortable. 

If you tell me it is a C shape and .86" at the first fret I know there's a really good chance I'll get along with it. 

Really no weight? My LP Custom is under 8.5 pounds. I won't even consider any guitar over 9 pounds. Even with the best padded straps my shoulder can't take a set with an 11 pound guitar. I guess I'm a wimp?  

Why would anyone want a guitar that is uncomfortable to play? Are you saying you'd be happy with a 12 pound LP Custom?  I've seen them heavier than that. 

I've owned a '74 Tele Deluxe that was 11+ pounds and a '79 Strat that was 11 plus pounds. Both purchased online before I started asking for weights. 

I can guarantee you that I'll ask for weights and measures and that I'm a serious no hassles buyer. 

The best shops all post the weights and measures for good reason. At least then the buyer is informed and is less likely to return the guitar. 

Just my take, others can choose to disagree but I want all info up front. :D

40 minutes ago, DanD said:

Why would anyone want a guitar that is uncomfortable to play? Are you saying you'd be happy with a 12 pound LP Custom?  I've seen them heavier than that. 

I've owned a '74 Tele Deluxe that was 11+ pounds and a '79 Strat that was 11 plus pounds. Both purchased online before I started asking for weights. 

The vast majority of guys who ask for a guitar's weight will never play the guitar standing up. Instead they'll be plinking away at Tom Petty tunes while seated in their mancaves (on the rare occasion the guitar isn't on a wall hanger).

40 minutes ago, DanD said:

Really no weight? My LP Custom is under 8.5 pounds. I won't even consider any guitar over 9 pounds. Even with the best padded straps my shoulder can't take a set with an 11 pound guitar. I guess I'm a wimp?  

I don't think I've ever asked what the weight of a guitar that I was buying was.  It doesn't even occur to me because I don't care.
I have a GMP Firebird which weighs as much as a Pontiac Firebird, but I gigged it once and it's really no big deal - inch-wide strap and all.

8 hours ago, kizanski said:

I didn't say it was out of line.  I see a lot more korina Jrs than Special K's or Ecstasys, and so have a better idea of the going price for them.  You can certainly expect a rarity bump for something like this, which looks like a hell of a nice guitar.

On 3/22/2018 at 10:41 AM, kizanski said:

In person? One. 😊

(no Junior pickguard tho)

Ok I dropped by and played this one today. It's on the lighter weight end of the spectrum for sure and the neck is what I'd call a medium carve. Very much reminds me of the 90's medium like a 93 and 94 studio I owned. I opened up the control cavity and everything looks stock and undisturbed, I'm not infallible but I am an amp tech so I know my solder joints ;)

I have no business affiliation with these guys other than consigning gear there from time to time. Good guys though, it's a small shop with a good rep, they've always treated me right.

Archived