Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2003 Monaco Superpro Axtec Gold Nice Flame Top

Those guitars are among the best playing Hamers of the New Hartford era.  It took actually playing one to win me over, but every single one I've played since then has been just fantastic.

5 hours ago, kizanski said:

You're selling some pretty nice stuff!

This is gorgeous.

I'm moving to Denver and I'm trying to get my collection down to 7  guitars to fit the stand-up Fender 7 guitar case that wifey bought for me when I promised not to have more guitars than would fit in the case.

I don't know what happened (GAS) but I ended up with over 30 guitars and wifey finally called me out on it.

This one is a great example of Monaco SuperPro. I'm still up in the air on which 7 to keep. It's getting really f'n hard trying to decide which ones go. It's like trying to decide which children to put up for adoption because you can't feed the brood any longer. :(

Currently I'm keeping two Hamers. One Miller Music guitar which is well played and greening and my one-off NAMM Copper Top Monaco Elite w/Brazilian fret board and Bigsby. 

I'd like to keep the SuperPro too but that would mean only one Tele. Right now I have a Fender CS Smuggler in Candy Tangerine that isn't going anywhere and a faded white (pudding color) '64 American Vintage Tele w/a rosewood board. It may get swapped with the SuperPro but it's a real tough decision. 

Rounding out the others are a:

2008 RS Stepside (hard tail Strat style guitar) w/pups from JM Rolphs and a beautifully flamed neck and Mad rosewood board.

2011 Dave Carpenter Hand Picked '59 Les Paul (hands down this and its sister on ebay are the best LPs I've ever played. Gibson took measurements off Dave's original '59 and the necks on this run are sublime) 

2014 Benchmark Limited '59 LP in Bloomfield burst w/Les Paul Custom 3 pickup arrangement.

2015 Gibson TH Les Paul Custom (under 8.5 pounds of seriously sweet dry tonality)

2017 Gibson '58 Reissue (really a repurposed 2015 CC39 Tamio Okuda model) that is definitely something special. It has TH spec finish but not TH plastics. The binding is heavily rolled, frets are well finished and small and the neck feel is just out of this world. Gibson really do put a lot of extra attention into these CC runs. I didn't understand what all the fuss about CCs were until I had a couple in hand to play.  

That's my magical 7 as of today. I keep thinking I could ditch the rosewood Tele and keep the SuperPro and that might well happen. Both guitars have necks right in my sweet spot (.86" at the 1st). In fact the SuperPro is the only sweet spot guitar I've listed. 

All the others are stand outs too. I really wish I could keep them all.  

I don't have a problem shipping to Canada but it's really hectic right now with my move. I doubt I have the time to deal with a CITES permit. 

No friends on the US side of the border? 

18 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Those guitars are among the best playing guitars in the entire galaxy!

18 hours ago, kizanski said:

Fixed.

Fixed it better.

I'm holding on to the Copper Top. I wish I were holding on to a few more. :(

The Monaco will be sorely missed. 

But I'm going to play the sh*t out the Elite! I'm hoping that copper top will age gracefully. :D

Archived