Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Montes spring clearing: Washburn, Hohner, Grover

Looks like it's time to say goodby to some old loves.

First: My first electric guitar ever, an Hohner G2T (HH, tremolo) from the early eighties - so this is no modern reissue. This is a copy of the famous Steinberger guitar with a Steinberger licensed tremolo. The guitar has been played a lot, as one can see, has some blemishes, especially on the back. The frets are okay, some signs of uns in the cowboy area. The PU had been swapped, but then I put the originals back. Rust on the screws. Secure locks installed. A part of the tremolo was broken and fixed w/ original parts from Hohner. OHSC is included, some blemishes here, too.

The guitar sounds and plays great, lots of heights and overtones. Trem works good, stays in tune etc.  It is a pretty "small" instrument as you can easily tell, and makes a perfect travelling guitar. But don't let yourself fool - this IS a serious instrument, and it can rock indeed. 300 Euro, shipping is to be discussed.

ORG_DSC02343.jpgORG_DSC02344.jpgORG_DSC02347.jpgORG_DSC02346.jpgORG_DSC02347.jpg 

Next is a Washburn WMS from the custom shop in Chicago. I got this guitar via the Hamer facebook group, someone purchased it for me in Arizona. A great rock guitar in an unusal color. I'd call it seafoam, and it is greener than the pics show. All mahogany. Two SD PUs in it (Seymour Duncan '59 and Seymour Duncan Custom). It is in a pretty mint condition, some very minor signs of playing. It sat in the case most of the time, was out for one rehearse or two. Comes in the custom shop OSHC. Lets say 500 Euro. Shipping is to be discussed.

BTW: Yes, it looks like my Washburn days are over. This is the last Washy I own(ed). I loved them all, I owe some people in the HFC a lot for helping me out with some pretty strange (and very cool) purchases. But it is time to size down (says the wife and the brain - the guts tell me otherwise). But I guess all of you know that.

ORG_DSC02335.jpgORG_DSC02336.jpgORG_DSC02337.jpgORG_DSC02338.jpgORG_DSC02339.jpg

Last is a set of Grover tuners - can't tell if bullseye or not. I will send more pictures if wanted. Pretty tarnished, but in good working condition. Screws are missing. Don't know what to ask for - so make me an offer. And who knows - if enough people tell me they aren't worth anything, I may give them away for free.

Oh, and for the guitars: I am not really looking for trades, but then again you never know.

IMG_1002.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Daniel

Hard to tell from the photo, but those Grovers based on the buttons, the set screw placement, and the hue/patina of the finish - look like dead ringers for the factory tuners on my 74ish Hummingbird.

32 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

Hard to tell from the photo, but those Grovers based on the buttons, the set screw placement, and the hue/patina of the finish - look like dead ringers for the factory tuners on my 74ish Hummingbird.

Need more pics?

I guess this the end of an era....

About 50/80% of the washburn Custom importation flow shall disappear from now from USA to Europe on and consequently, the sweeties from Germany to USA :)

But the blue one is loverly....GLWS Daniel...And I always have the pleasure to discover the unique boosted vanguard in ze world equipped with wanderring P90s :)

Woher aus Bayern? Und wo in Arizona? Wenn ich das vor ein Jahren gewusst hätte, hätten wir Dich besucht.

What we are looking for: Blueberry Mini Wheats. Just send as much as You like - and let me know the shipping adress for the Grovers...

Archived