Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who said Hamer gets called Hammer but Kramer never gets called Krammer?

On one of the sale post the other week, we had another epic ad calling a Hamer 'Hammer!' Someone posted that Kramer never gets called Krammer. Well, I just came across this (check at 35 seconds); 

42 minutes ago, jwhitcomb3 said:

People are familiar with hammers, not so much with krammers. Or Hamers.

Back when she was in preschool, my oldest child called a photographic device a "krammer". Never quite caught on with the general public.

5 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

And that would be correct. DOD are the initials of the founder of the company David Oreste Di Francesco.

Didn't know that.  Thanks for the info.

4 hours ago, Hamersaur said:

A Long & McQuade had a nicely framed 8-1/2x11 photo of this guy hung on the wall front and center at the  designated Kramer guitar display space.

Kramer.jpg

"Hey Jerry, these guitars play like the butter I just shaved my face with."

15 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

They call them "MIXER" products.

The obvious. I know MXRs from childhood.

999999-4897030510946.jpg?odnBound=460

20 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

And that would be correct. DOD are the initials of the founder of the company David Oreste Di Francesco.

In DOD's defense, the FX65 Chorus pedal is a brilliant pedal. It's the only DOD effect I ever liked...

21 hours ago, Hamersaur said:

A Long & McQuade had a nicely framed 8-1/2x11 photo of this guy hung on the wall front and center at the  designated Kramer guitar display space.

Kramer.jpg

DOD - Dude On Dope!

So an MXR mixing pedal to some would be pronounced Mixer Mixer??

And someone with little lead solo time, a Kramer and very few songs in the set list would be:

Kramming in his Krammer solo on his Kramer?.............that sounds very NSFW.

There are many mispronounced words in the musical lexicon:

UREI: often pronounced like a Russian first name it’s actually U.R.E.I. Short for United Recording Electronics Industries.

Steinberger Bass: pronounced George Steinbrenner Memorial Baseball Bat. ( It’s true it’s true I tell ya).

Mini-Moog: we never new which was right: long O as in Moo or short O as in Moe.

To make matters worse, I heard people use both in the same editorial: Bob Moog (Short O) and his Moog synth (long O).

Electronic Music Systems: EMS Synthi-AKS which we used to pronounce synthi-axe (wrong.

Pronounced Synthi-A KS (Synthi-A model with keyboard sequencer).

I may still have one of those D-O-D choruses around here someplace.  Their delay and modulation stuff was pretty good for the times, I thought.  Having said that, the DOD pedal that we sold the most by a country mile was the FX55 distortion.  Standard piece of student kit.

Archived