Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coolfeel

Bye Bye Buckingham

On 4/9/2018 at 6:23 PM, Willie G. Moseley said:

Wouldn't surprise me to hear calls for the mighty Mac to stick a fork in itself on accounta it's done. YMMV

Not gonna happen Willie.  There's too much money to be shoveled up.  Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles will be competing for highest price tag on the face of the ticket.  Could we see the first 4 digit crowned & bound ticket price.  Plenty of people out there willing to pay thousands to see Hell Freezes Over Tour Version 3.  Same goes for Fleetwood Mac. Ya don't get Michael Campbell & Neil Finn to sign on for non-soldout venues.  Same goes for Vince Gill and the Eagles. Although there's only one original Eagle left on the stage.  

Same goes for the Stones, wasn't the Voodoo Lounge Tour supposed to be their Farewell Tour.

Who is The Who now? 2 deaf guys and some hired guns shoveling up the cash as fast as they can. 

Saw McCartney a couple years ago.  He didn't play "Saw Her Standin' There".  Now how can you go out on tour riding the legend of the Beatles and not play "saw her standin there" arguably the best R&R tune ever.  Lotsa people walking to their cars shaking their heads back n forth overheard saying things like "did I miss him playing "'stsndin there while i was in the restroom"  Nope.  "Did I miss it when I went out for a beer and a brat" Nope, he didnt play it. "WTF? Yer shittin' me"  Nope.  "Ya mean I paid $160 for me & Maureen to sit in the nose bleed section NB seats 43 & 44 and he doesn't even play their best song"  Yep, ya did.  "I'm never gonna pay up to see that a-hole again.  But when he comes around 2 or 3 years from now.  Deja vu.  you'll be sitting in that same seat(Section NB, Seat 43) for a lot more dough.  Why?  cuz he's a Beatle, dude.  We gotta go see him.  And his voice is noticeably a little teenie, tiny bit weaker. And ya notice there's a 2nd bass player tucked back next to the piano that is painted like a yellow submarine.  

You go to see Crosby Stills & Nash, you'll be sitting in NB-43 having Deja Vu and guess what?  They don't play Deja Vu.  But you already knew that was gonna happen cuz you feel like you been there before. What rabbit hole did we fall into? hole# NB-43.  So the next day you Almost Cut Your Hair.  You just drove past Great Clips then went to the hookah bar between the 7/11 and the dry cleaner and had some kind of mushroom.  Scottie, E & Erd,  WTF just happened..... again.   Over the stadium PA comes the voice of Rod Serling  "see you next year in......The Twilight Zone"  Cheers!

caddie

Excuse me, me and my girlfriend saw McCartney about 2 years ago and it was a great great show.

And the played "I saw her standing there" as well as a lot of other Beatles tunes and Wings songs.

It was a great experience and I wouldn't want to have missed that.

Of course it is not possible for such a great artist to play all the songs that are in his catalog, choices have to be made.

The show lasted for about 3 hours, and again, it was fantastic!

Gabe 😀

Always thought it was interesting that they needed two guitarists to replace him. Talk about an underappreciated guitarist, Buckingham is a total badass guitarist!

I don't think it was so much needing two guitarists to replace him as much as needing a badass guitarist of a similar talent, age and a name recognizable to the FM crowd (even if you don't know "Mike Campbell," you know "Tom Petty's band" ... AND a vocalist in the vein of Buckingham (that's a hard and signature voice to dupe effectively) that just happens to be able to add some guitar to the mix.

I agree with Jeff that Finn was brought in more for his voice; the guitar is a bonus.  Campbell was a no-brainer because he can play the epic solos and he & Stevie go way back.  I wonder if they'll do "Stop Dragging My Heart Around" on this tour? 

Did I see Campbell playing KEYS on "Gypsy"?!?  WTF?  Two keyboard players on stage already, and you tell one of the best guitarists on the planet, "Turn off your Les Paul for a minute, there, and play this... dee, dee, dee, dee-dee, dee-dee."

I think both clips were good. I will see them next month in KC. I am thrilled to hear that they will be playing some Greenie era Mac as well as Station Man...also pre Lindsey. Stevie loves that one.

The only constants in that band are Fleetwood & Mac. Others have come and gone. Christine has been with them almost from the beginning, but she took a long hiatus. This is a band that seemingly is always in transition, though the classic 70s lineup stayed together for a long time.

I’m seeing them in L.A in December. This better be the best concert in the history of the world. I almost choked when my buddy told me the ticket price. 

McCartney is sharing his love for $255 plus fees if you want to sit in the 100 level seats. 

On 4/28/2018 at 7:06 AM, Gabe said:

Excuse me, me and my girlfriend saw McCartney about 2 years ago and it was a great great show.

And the played "I saw her standing there" as well as a lot of other Beatles tunes and Wings songs.

It was a great experience and I wouldn't want to have missed that.

Of course it is not possible for such a great artist to play all the songs that are in his catalog, choices have to be made.

The show lasted for about 3 hours, and again, it was fantastic!

Gabe 😀

He played it in Charlottesville on that same tour.  Opened with 8 Days a Week, which I loved!

I have refused to pay Macca’s insane ticket prices, but if he comes to KC in 2019 I’m going. He ain’t getting any younger.