nhojbo

3 hours ago, Funky Chicken said:

It looks like the Hoover Dam.

The Hoover Dam stays in tune better.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/23/2018 at 6:38 AM, nhojbo said:

Hi Gang!  Been lurking around the site for a couple years, and finally have something to post.  Mike's shared a few "naked" pictures of this build on FB over the past couple months, but here's a sneak peak at #78 with some color!  Won't be long now...

4-21-18b.jpeg

4-21-18a.jpeg

.....just because this needed to be on the second page.

WE NEED MORE!!!!

34 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

.....just because this needed to be on the second page.

WE NEED MORE!!!!

You think YOU need more... I'm going nuts waiting (impatiently) for this to be finished and in my hands!  I just try and manage my impatience by knowing that it will be worth the wait in the end.  Every day that goes by is one day closer to FINALLY getting to play this beautiful guitar that Mike built for me!

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, nhojbo said:

You think YOU need more... I'm going nuts waiting (impatiently) for this to be finished and in my hands!  I just try and manage my impatience by knowing that it will be worth the wait in the end.  Every day that goes by is one day closer to FINALLY getting to play this beautiful guitar that Mike built for me!

So.......anything yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Shishkov #78 was delivered today and I haven’t been able to put it down.  It has exceeded ALL of my high expectations!  Not only does it look killer (that tiger maple top has an incredible 3D figure!), but it also has great tone and playability.  It is by far the best guitar I have ever played. 

Mike and Josh listened to my wishes and they cared as if they were building this for themselves.  Mike’s commitment to quality is unsurpassed. 

Here are some of the details:
- Maple/Mahogany/Rosewood
- Cognac sunburst/Gold hardware
- Gibson 1960’s neck profile
- Custom Gravelin pickups (I requested a hotter, yet vintage, PAF style humbucker) – Thanks Josh!  They sound amazing!
- VVT controls with truly independent volume control when both pickups are selected, and push/pull volume pots to switch respective humbucker from series to parallel

I could go on and on about how spectacular this guitar is, but I’ll let these photos speak for themselves...

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!

Archived