Hamer Fan Club Message Center

nhojbo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...

Hey fellow Hamerheads!  I just released my latest EP, Better Left Unsaid, and thought some of you might want to hear #78 in action.  My Shishkov provided a lot of inspiration for these new songs.  It’s the main electric guitar used on those tracks.  I just love how versatile that instrument is!  I also used my Hamer Echotone for the guitar solo on “Third Thing Unsaid”.  I wrote, produced, performed, recorded, mixed, and mastered all of the music under my artist name “My Wildest Dream” (except for the harmonica on “First Thing Unsaid” played by Trent Williamson). 

Listen here on YouTube and streaming services.

I will def listen this weekend! Congrats on the release! Doing it all to include mixing and mastering is no easy feat. But very rewarding.

i went back and looked at the pics of #78 again....such a classically beautiful guitar!

On 4/26/2019 at 6:40 AM, nhojbo said:

Hey fellow Hamerheads!  I just released my latest EP, Better Left Unsaid, and thought some of you might want to hear #78 in action.  My Shishkov provided a lot of inspiration for these new songs.  It’s the main electric guitar used on those tracks.  I just love how versatile that instrument is!  I also used my Hamer Echotone for the guitar solo on “Third Thing Unsaid”.  I wrote, produced, performed, recorded, mixed, and mastered all of the music under my artist name “My Wildest Dream” (except for the harmonica on “First Thing Unsaid” played by Trent Williamson). 

Listen here on YouTube and streaming services.

Dude! That is awesome! Great tones, killer production, great songs and your playing is superb! Can you tell I liked it!? Yowza you BLAZED through some passages. 

What drums did you play? Any go-to mics? Just great performances. I like how they go all majestic and then come back down to a cool rockin’ riff. 

It is hard to hold old rocker’s attention (like me) with instrumentals. Well done!

Hey Jakeboy!  Thanks so much for listening to the new tunes and for the great review.  I’m so glad you like them!

I’m an “old rocker” myself, so we must have similar musical influences.  I guess I’m just trying to reinforce through my music that rock ain’t dead!

#78 is such a joy to play and I love all of the tones that I can get from it – plus, it’s a beautiful instrument to look at!  Mike and Josh really nailed everything I wanted. 

I’m glad you asked about the drums.  While all the other instruments I played in the songs are “real”, you may be surprised to hear that I used Addictive Drums for the drum tracks.  What I like about AD is the number of different kits they offer, the amount of customization I can do to each kit and individual drum to shape the tone I want, and how easy it is to write/build the beats I have in my head for each song.  I spend a lot of time building the drum beats and shaping the sounds to make them sound like a live drummer/kit.  Based on your comments, I think I pulled that off!

Since you liked my new stuff, feel free to give my “Silent Voices” and “A Loss For Words” EPs a spin too.  Thanks again!

I am not surprised at all about Addictive Drums...that’s actually why I asked. I use Abbey Road 70s Drums and play them on a Korg Pad and no one has ever thought they sounded  like midi drums. The recorded hits that were sampled are just so perfect now. I just wish I could play them better. Drums are hard. I should spend more time Practicing drums, but there is this guitar thing...

I do have a real hi-hat that I record with to establish a groove. 

Anyway, your stuff sounds great and I look forward to listening to the rest!

• 6 months later...

I just released a new song where you can hear #78 in action.  The song is called 'As I Tread' and you can find it here:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pij4jgusBVw&list=OLAK5uy_mfpBvP8QGAYNS6SDiKbRE3KNFVCz0O64w

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/1459747635

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/3j5lM7CucFhwRsq4JayH1C

Let me know what you think!

image.png.9ae109d2d0102ea64fda4270cd58a430.png

I'm a tough sell when it comes to original music from independent artists. For me, when someone has been signed to a recording contract, their music is at a level that achieves that recognition. While there are independent artists that are just as good (and sometimes never get to that next level), usually there's a difference in the songwriting that just doesn't grab me as much as "recording artists". Not a cut on anyone anywhere....it's just me. This however, I feel is at that higher level.....easily!!! I'd throw this song on a mix CD with the best of 'em!!! Plain and simple...a great song. There's an Ozzy vibe to the vocals to me, as well. LOVE it!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Scott! 

Since I do all of my recording in my "home studio" (aka dining room) while trying not to disrupt the rest of my family, here's my setup...

Shishkov #78 --> Line6 AMPLIFi FX 100 --> Cubase 8.5 running on Toshiba laptop

Yamaha BB734A Bass --> Amplitube Ampeg Amp Emulator  --> Cubase/laptop

Drums: Addictive Drums 2 running in Cubase/laptop

I use the AmpliTube Ampeg sim sometimes. Lots of great tones in there for sure. Usually I just mic up a Champ and run direct simultaneously.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As I was noodling on Shishkov #78 this weekend (yes, I noodle 😊!), I found myself playing a few Christmas songs.  I’ve never had the urge to play Christmas songs before, but for some reason those songs just started flowing out of me.  Maybe I was overcome with a bit of the Christmas spirit at that moment.  I really liked what I was hearing and thought others might need a dose of Christmas spirit this year too, so I decided to record it and share it with you.  Here is my interpretation/medley of a few Christmas classics.  Merry Christmas to all of you!

www.reverbnation.com/mywildestdream

IMG_5523.JPG

On 12/14/2020 at 7:37 AM, nhojbo said:

As I was noodling on Shishkov #78 this weekend (yes, I noodle 😊!), I found myself playing a few Christmas songs.  I’ve never had the urge to play Christmas songs before, but for some reason those songs just started flowing out of me.  Maybe I was overcome with a bit of the Christmas spirit at that moment.  I really liked what I was hearing and thought others might need a dose of Christmas spirit this year too, so I decided to record it and share it with you.  Here is my interpretation/medley of a few Christmas classics.  Merry Christmas to all of you!

www.reverbnation.com/mywildestdream

IMG_5523.JPG

Great stuff!  Merry Christmas to you too!

I dug that - makes me want to see #0079 all the more now though...

• 3 months later...

Archived