Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Camstone

F/S Monaco Superpro A/E Amberburst Price Drop!

2004 Monaco Superpro Amberburst with factory installed LR Baggs Power TOM acoustic bridge. This guitar is set-up like a Duotone without the mini toggle. So it has two outputs, a straight mag pickup output and a blended output. Duncan Custom and Custom Custom pickups. The knobs are mag master volume, mag master tone and acoustic volume. Guitar was built for the 2005 NAMM show (says so on the Certificate). I bought it from django49 a few years back. When I got it, the acoustic sound was unusable, made the whole guitar microphonic, so I took it to Mike Lull and he dialed the preamp down so that now it gets a usable acoustic sound. Sounds FAT with the mag and acoustic blended. I am guessing that this could be a one of a kind. I know there is a Superpro with a Duotone bridge, but this is the only one I have seen with this set-up.

Magnificent flamed top on this one. No evidence of usage other than a bit of hazing on the gold hardware. 

Comes with OHSC and Cert. NOW $1800.00 shipped and paypalled. Continental US only.

Superpro.jpg

Edited by Camstone
Price
  • Like 12

Outrageous guitar.

WANT!

Very nice guitar!

More pictures?

Custom Order Certificate?

Gabe 😀

Overcast day here today. It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow, I'll try to take some better shots in the morning. The top really is VERY flamey.

DSCN0826 (480x640).jpg

DSCN0827 (480x640).jpg

DSCN0828 (480x640).jpg

• Like 3

Here's a pic I just found from when django49 had it up for sale. This shows the top pretty well.

I won't be around a computer much to check my HFC messages, but if one of you wants to pull the trigger on this sweetheart or have questions, email me: greenmanstone at gmail.

Spro.jpg

Edited by Camstone
  • Like 6

That is a sweet ride!

is it 25.5 scale?

And that’s a really cool configuration! I’m curious as to the differences with Duotones- When run with two cables is it a discrete electric, and a discrete acoustic output, like Duotones? what preamp is it using inside, and how is it adjustable? Does it have externally adjustable trim pots like a duotone, or trim pots inside somewhere? Is there a routed battery cavity like the Duotones?

GLWS!

45 minutes ago, geoff_hartwell said:

is it 25.5 scale?

All Monacos and SuperPros are.  Elites are Gibson scale.  

Phooook!!!!  That amber burst is perfect with that top.  GLWTS.  If the Tally & Mirage are any indication, hamer knew their way around F scale gits.

15 hours ago, geoff_hartwell said:

That is a sweet ride!

is it 25.5 scale?

And that’s a really cool configuration! I’m curious as to the differences with Duotones- When run with two cables is it a discrete electric, and a discrete acoustic output, like Duotones? what preamp is it using inside, and how is it adjustable? Does it have externally adjustable trim pots like a duotone, or trim pots inside somewhere? Is there a routed battery cavity like the Duotones?

GLWS!

Yes it's 25.5". Yes you can run two cables and split the two signals but it does not have the mini toggle, so the mix has to be done with the volume knobs (or foot pedals/switches).

The preamp is not the same as a Duotone. It's the LR Baggs preamp that came with the TOM Bridge. There are two small covers on the back of the guitar, one small rectangular cover for the 9 volt battery and one 4" oblong cover for the cavity that holds the the preamp. This is unlike other Superpros that do not have any back covers.

It does not have the three trim pot set-up like the Duotones, but under the cover there is a volume adjustment trim pot with a small screwdriver. The preamp is adjusted correctly right now, although the "Acoustic" sound is not like the Kynar system that Duotone Customs have nor the Kaman Ovation bridge that is in the older three hole models. More piezo-ey. Can be EQ-ed to be usable, but I think because the TOM bridge is up on the two posts and not anchored to the body like the Duotones, it is a "thinner" acoustic sound than my Duotones. 

• Like 1

Weekend bump. This is a special guitar folks. I had it for sale before and took it down because I played it. Thus time I'll not pick it up. :lol:

On 4/28/2018 at 1:43 PM, Camstone said:

Spro.jpg

That is an all-time great photo.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2018 at 11:01 AM, kizanski said:

That is an all-time great photo.

It would be much better if Don @django49 would learn to use an iron.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I have really gotten into dual source guitars lately.   When used with a modeler, you get a whole new instrument.   It's like playing two different guitars simultaneously.  I currently have a P24 and a Duotone and the Duotone is definitely more convincing as an acoustic,  especially with acoustic IRs added to the signal chain, but the P24 has it's own unique voice and more flexibility on the electric side. If you own a Helix or AxeFX unit,  this guitar will make you smile.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bigolsparky said:

I have really gotten into dual source guitars lately.   When used with a modeler, you get a whole new instrument.   It's like playing two different guitars simultaneously.  I currently have a P24 and a Duotone and the Duotone is definitely more convincing as an acoustic,  especially with acoustic IRs added to the signal chain, but the P24 has it's own unique voice and more flexibility on the electric side. If you own a Helix or AxeFX unit,  this guitar will make you smile.

My JTV-69S Variax taught me the power of the dark side. I’m working on converting one of my personal guitars.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This guitar is still for sale. Here's another pic. Price drop to $1800 shipped and paypalled.

Here's another pic that shows off the awesome flame in the top.

DSCN0701 (1024x768).jpg

Edited by Camstone
Price
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Camstone said:

Here's another pic that shows off the awesome flame in the top.

DSCN0701 (1024x768).jpg

Ya THINK??

Wow!

• Like 2

Hard to believe that one has not been grabbed already. I have ended up with one other really great SuperPro and recently added another piezo-equipped guitar, otherwise I might be in for round two.

Being "tax poor" right now makes visiting this particular thead a bit easier.

Still a crazy nice guitar - even among Hamer contemporaries.

Ugh.    Want.

No love for this super Superpro? Must be tax season.......

Can a guitar have too much flame?  nope.  GLWTS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BubbaVO said:

Can a guitar have too much flame?  nope.  GLWTS.

And, I dare say, much better in person. That one really is killer.

• Like 1