Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD - 1981 Hamer USA Prototype Twin Coil

Wow!

1981 Two Coil, numbers in the 1 32XX region. Made for Prosound (Peter Wolf) in Koblenz, Germany.

As said above 20-25 in total: most are unbound, at least one body bound only, and a couple bound and crowned.

VERY cool guitar Ken,it a beauty and a rarity too it seems................ you did good! Congrats!

Yes, that is super cool. I missed out on one maybe 10 years ago one german ebay. Those are so New Wave that new wave feels new again. Early 80s baby, the best.

Hi,

i´ve owned one a couple of years ago. Contact to Frank Untermeyr tell,  that they not was made for Prosound.. :

„The guitar is a two coil Sunburst completed on May 20, 1981. It never was a real model. We built about 20 of them for a music store in Bielefeld I think. Then we were never paid so we sold them to a few different stores, including a few in the United States.“

Story here: https://www.guitarmaniacs.de/html/users/jochenp/jochenp-gitarre-hamer8.shtml

The guitar later (2006) was sell to Peter...

On 5/1/2018 at 1:42 PM, JochenP said:

Hi,

i´ve owned one a couple of years ago. Contact to Frank Untermeyr tell,  that they not was made for Prosound.. :

„The guitar is a two coil Sunburst completed on May 20, 1981. It never was a real model. We built about 20 of them for a music store in Bielefeld I think. Then we were never paid so we sold them to a few different stores, including a few in the United States.“

Story here: https://www.guitarmaniacs.de/html/users/jochenp/jochenp-gitarre-hamer8.shtml

The guitar later (2006) was sell to Peter...

Link doesn‘t seem to work...

Anyhow: If the Bielefeld people did not pay then there is no better chance to find another on of these in Germany than in any other part of the world...? 

11 hours ago, Montelovesco said:

Link doesn‘t seem to work...

Anyhow: If the Bielefeld people did not pay then there is no better chance to find another on of these in Germany than in any other part of the world...? 

I should amend what I said above: they weren't made specifically for Prosound (Koblenz, Germany), but Peter Wolf agreed to take most of them -- I think he said he sold somewhere between 12 and 20. Most I have seen have a German history, but co-incidentally, the two original bound ones both seem to have been first sold in the US. You were more likely to find one in Germany than elsewhere. The HFC posse has re-distributed them, so now I couldn't say.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:36 AM, scottcald said:

Congrats!  Looks cool.  So....what's the sound like?  

The singles are very hot (early Dimarzio FS1, I think ), so not very strat-like at all. And not much like a Prototype in single coil mode as their pickups use much fewer windings.

The neck pickup is quite fat sounding, but with an edge. The bridge is a little thinner and much sharper.

I tried a lower output pickup in one, and the sound didn't change as much as I thought it would. Still quite "Sunbursty", like a coil-tapped Sunburst maybe.

Archived