Hamer Fan Club Message Center

So, if I was going to build a bass

Northfield

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RobB said:

Good point. Still an ugly blob of metal, though. Their guitar bridges are hideous, too. 

I agree that the Babicz versions of the Tunamatic bridge and stoptail bridges on guitars are busy-looking. But Babicz's J-bass version is sheer elegance compared to Fender's bent sheet-metal plus adjustment screws. I'll take Babicz's ability to do a setup in 10 minutes any time over the fussy Fender design. And that's no slam on Leo, either, because he also designed the smooth and comfortable Saddle-Lock bridge designs at G&L:

spacer.png

Having played the stock Fender J-bass with sheet metal bridge and owning a J-bass with the Babicz drop-in replacement plus a 1980s G&L Lynx bass with Saddle-Lock bridge, I'd estimate that the Babicz and G&L bridges add about 30% more tone quality, volume, and clarity over my experience with a J-bass's stock bridge.

I just re-read this thread. Yes, Thunderbird passive pups in hog. 2-Tek bridge? Hipshot?  I love my 2-Tek CB but I also love Hipshot products.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I can’t love this post enough!  🤘😝

I personally think this will be one of the more exciting pages to follow in the coming months/year!  🤘😜

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s “in development”.    He’s got about a dozen orders in the queue...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 4:22 PM, HAMERMAN said:

Any body shots yet?

I Do  like what looks like a 3+1 headstock I'm seeing on a few of them.

Definitely helps with keeping a bass balanced if using the mini Schaller tuners found on Music Man basses .

Not sure what pics you’re looking at... (??)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived