Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 1982 HAMER VECTOR CHERRY SUNBURST

I can think of more than two flametop Cherry Sunburst Vectors with binding off the top of my head.

ARE YOU SAYING THIS GUY IS GETTING A HEAD OF HIS SKI'S?

unless THE PHOTO COLOR IS OFF THE 1 ONE REVERB LOOKS TO ME LIKE A LEMON TOP???

26 minutes ago, merlin4 said:

unless THE PHOTO COLOR IS OFF THE 1 ONE REVERB LOOKS TO ME LIKE A LEMON TOP???

The seller is a lemon top.
The unbeatable combination of misinformation and an astronomical asking price.

1 hour ago, FiguredMaple said:

What is the right current price for one of these with and without binding?

That's about the right current price for two of those.   

I paid $1,200 for a great '81 with a killer top from Lady Scary.  I've offered about $1,800 for one with binding and the owner was insulted.  It's not a four digit.  I'd pay 2K for the right one.  Here's the one I have without binding.  Double the price for binding?  I don't think so.

4w6WsGa.jpg

So for a nice one like that, are we saying the top end is about $1800-$2000 for one of these? I know this one has been on Reverb for a while. I think it was originally listed at $3600 if I'm not mistaken. Not too long ago there was an 80's Vector that sold for around $1500 I think and that one didn't last long. I almost bought that one myself but snoozed too long. Also, the same seller was selling a more worn red one for about $1000.

It is a really beautiful guitar though. 

On 5/5/2018 at 1:44 PM, GuitarGuy65 said:

I've got one of them, and mine's an '81... 😎

1981 Hamer Vector 2.jpg

Used to be mine.  Amazing guitar.

• 2 months later...

SVL, are you saying that the one for sale right now, you used to own? If so, was it really resonant acoustically? Is the neck like a broom handle like the Scarabs were? Never played an 80's Vector. Never even seen one in person actually since they never show up in stores here.

Are we still thinking that the current price of $2,100 is too much for this? Seems crazy that this one is still here unless this is just way overpriced. Or that era of Vector is not as cherished as the later ones where they used the "correct" headstock shape. I think this one has been for sale for a really long time. 

On 5/5/2018 at 10:21 PM, The Shark said:

I paid $1,200 for a great '81 with a killer top from Lady Scary.  I've offered about $1,800 for one with binding and the owner was insulted.  It's not a four digit.  I'd pay 2K for the right one.  Here's the one I have without binding.  Double the price for binding?  I don't think so.

4w6WsGa.jpg

I'd sooner have this one Shark has w/o the binding.......................this guitar is way nicer in looks also.

I agree Arm of Hamer. I love the more natural color tops. The binding is fine either way, although with a figured top the binding makes sense. The 80's Vectors just don't come up very often it seems to me as I'm guessing they didn't make a ton of them. It's on my "bucket list" to get at least one of these.

I really believe the early Vectors are one of the sleeper Hamers, in the grand scheme of things!  Mine just sounds fantastic and looks killer.  I would love to have one with binding, but I'm not paying $1,000 for binding.  $600 is no sweat... 

So you're saying the market for this one is really around $1,800. And that is why it sits I guess.

Are the necks really slim like say an 80's Scarab? My '85 Scarab has a broom handle for a neck. Just curious of how these sound and feel. 

On 7/25/2018 at 3:09 PM, Scarab85 said:

So you're saying the market for this one is really around $1,800. And that is why it sits I guess.

Are the necks really slim like say an 80's Scarab? My '85 Scarab has a broom handle for a neck. Just curious of how these sound and feel. 

The 80s seem to have more of a medium round & the KK Vectors are slightly flatter/wider D-shaped... while the Korina Vectors are a combination of both...

"Taking from the ad itself"..

This Vector is in great shape. No mods, repairs, etc, just some light wear around the edges that is almost unavoidable on a V-shaped guitar. The neck has the typical early Hamer neck, medium and almost D-shaped. Frets have recently been leveled so there are no divots or dead spots on the neck...

sell your Scarab, offer him $2,000 for it... play it for a year and if you don't like, sell it and get your money back... Although I have a feeling you won't ever look back specially with the hardtail bridge...

SUSTAIN... Waaaaaaaaahhh~~~~

Archived