Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: Boomered Cali

Hey folks :)

I have a small window in which i have permission to buy a guitar lol. (I am selling some stuff to cover the price, but the bride is cool with me spending before I have the cash.) After Friday I'll need to go back to the spend only what I've gotten from sales mode.

I have about $1500 US to spend, not sure if that actually gets me one but thought I'd ask, right? You don't shoot you don't score. Ebony board, boomers, Floyd, case... I think that covers it.

I know its a long shot, but 'the old band is getting back together' and I would rather go out with a Cali than something else.

Thanks for reading :)

jim

I know, I'm psyched :) I had an RP-1 and a sad Peavey digital combo back in the day and now have a Mk IV and an AX8, so feeling pretty good about the whole thing LOL

3 minutes ago, devrock said:

Yeah, I've done that "I'll sell something to cover it" move before. We know how that ends!! (with two guitars :D) 

Yeah, that's why it no longer works! lol

I'm going to grab this, but I will revisit by Cali quest in the near future (hopefully June).

I appreciate the concern. But I was after this guitar to begin with, and when it became unavailable I decided to look for another Cali instead. When this became available again, I grabbed it. So, happy ending :)

psa: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/msg/d/hamer-custom-guitar/6565464341.html

with boomers! This HAMER guitar was custom designed and painted by HAMER and is MINT! Used once by famous players from DEVO, PRETENDERS and others from Akron, Ohio. Everything pictured is included.

NOT MY AD.....

12 minutes ago, jim777 said:

This is the one that was marked as a HAMMER last week, and put on ebay under "knives" :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263646509759?rmvSB=true

Not even a Cali... it's Chap.

12 hours ago, jim777 said:

This is the one that was marked as a HAMMER last week, and put on ebay under "knives" :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263646509759?rmvSB=true

That was a very strange dude. To my one simple question, sent me 3 messages via ebay telling me things i am not really interested in, like the story of his life and current events, and was pushing for off-ebay deal so hard that i just decided to split. Sounded like a grandpop who thinks he just  came across some holy grail ans was doing a big favor offering it for sale. Nice guitar thou...

Mostly wealthy retired or winter time 2nd home owners living in CAVE CREEK AZ.

Reaaaaaalllllly expensive considering its all original and in excellent shape.

... apart from the silly knob, and the fact that a random pick guard was screwed into the front of it which one (me) might suggest was a dick move...

On 5/9/2018 at 2:20 PM, jim777 said:

Hey folks :)

I have a small window in which i have permission to buy a guitar lol. (I am selling some stuff to cover the price, but the bride is cool with me spending before I have the cash.) After Friday I'll need to go back to the spend only what I've gotten from sales mode.

I have about $1500 US to spend, not sure if that actually gets me one but thought I'd ask, right? You don't shoot you don't score. Ebony board, boomers, Floyd, case... I think that covers it.

I know its a long shot, but 'the old band is getting back together' and I would rather go out with a Cali than something else.

Thanks for reading :)

jim

Sorry dude your measly $1500 will no way get you a boomered Cali. I bought a boomered Cali 2 years ago for more than that and sold it for more still. It's better you get the bad news in the beginning than the end (as my divorce lawyer told me ).

4 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Sorry dude your measly $1500 will no way get you a boomered Cali. I bought a boomered Cali 2 years ago for more than that and sold it for more still. It's better you get the bad news in the beginning than the end (as my divorce lawyer told me ).

$1500 won't get him a Cali Custom, but it if he's patient a players condition Cali Elite shouldn't fetch more.  There's a red Cali Elite FM that has traded hands here several times for less than that.

Yeah, my brother bought this one for $1100 (it was staying for a long weekend ;) )  I think someone on here owns it now.

3amigos.jpg

It was a tremendous guitar, my favorite of those 3. And the other two were superb as well; the Jem with the Bartolinis had a wider array of sounds but the Cali was just so much fun to play :)

13 hours ago, devrock said:

$1100?????? COME ON!! 🙈🙈

I keep forgetting you guys are in the USA, and thus paying USA prices but we Brits have had to suffer years of inflated prices on American guitars 'cause of taxes etc. $1100 for a boomeranged Cali with a bound neck and what looks like an ebony fingerboard is about half the price you'd pay here. Seriously, half....at least.

Just sayin'

Archived