Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA Checkerboard Standard on Reverb

If that's been the price displayed it was either a steal or stolen.

The Hard Rock has one in their collection (of course they saved it as "Rick_Nielsen_Cheap_Trick_Checkered_Hammer_Explorer_Guitar").

Someone got a hell of a deal.

Rick_Nielsen_Cheap_Trick_Checkered_Hamme

Correction, the Hard Rock has at least two in their collection.  This one allegedly hangs in Gothenburg, Sweden.

Lars_Gothenburg_01.jpg

There's also a Blitz somewhere with similarly sized graphics.

HRC_BuenosAires.jpg

2 hours ago, Carl.B said:

Take a closer look at the edges of the checkerboards it sure doesn't seem to be Hamer quality finish.

No idea if its real or not but I think that's just artifacts from a crappy picture since the same weirdness is visible on the straight lines of the strings and pickups.

There is one in the Hard Rock in Kuala Lumpur. 

I have a pic but it's too big to upload. 

It just has normal headstock Hamer logo but the body checker squares are larger than the ones in the previous hard rock photos  

There is the bands signatures on a couple of the white squares on the body. 

well... as grandma used to say "%$#@&(*&&^%#$%@!@* why didn't I buy it???" 

nice sleuthing, everybody. not sure who sold it - or who among us got it - but appears real & one hell of a deal.

Damn!  One like this was posted on the Hamer FB page not too long ago and I contacted the dealer who supposedly had it but they said it had been sold months before.  I would have jumped on this if I had seen it.

If it were an import. Someone definitely knew how to cut the nut string slots. These are Standard Custom style.

Just adding where are the real experts, Serial, Chris?

On 5/15/2018 at 10:27 AM, cynic said:

The Hard Rock has one in their collection (of course they saved it as "Rick_Nielsen_Cheap_Trick_Checkered_Hammer_Explorer_Guitar").

Someone got a hell of a deal.

Rick_Nielsen_Cheap_Trick_Checkered_Hamme

Correction, the Hard Rock has at least two in their collection.  This one allegedly hangs in Gothenburg, Sweden.

Lars_Gothenburg_01.jpg

This might have been from the Hard Rock collection as they do sell off items from time to time (typically they sell the cases off immediately as guitars and other memorabilia travels in crates).  

12 minutes ago, HamStd said:

This might have been from the Hard Rock collection as they do sell off items from time to time (typically they sell the cases off immediately as guitars and other memorabilia travels in crates).  

Possibly, but it wasn't either of the ones pictured.

• 4 weeks later...

It needs a case like the one I have for my 1981 Hamer Special....!

CheckerboardCase.jpg

It's a legit, documented USA Standard.  There were several made, I'm assuming that they were ordered by Rick or CPNZ/Management.

I believe that one sold for WELL under $2k last year - same one.

Archived