Hamer Fan Club Message Center

5.23.18 UPDATE: Brooklyn Radiohead/POLICE tribute show, 5.25.18

My Radiohead tribute was invited back to do another show with the awesome Smiths/Morrissey tribute, The Sons & Heirs, this time at The Bell House in Brooklyn. Tix at https://ticketf.ly/2HrOTLJ. $20 online, $25 the day of. A clip from our last show:

Cool Ben -- How well does the Smiths band do "How Soon is Now"?  I'm super impressed always at these tribute projects you get involved in. What's the next one after radio-head? How do the stylings of each new tribute work their way into you playing? Do you find it changes a lot as you go on?

I’m actually not familiar enough with The Smiths to know the song titles, but I can tell you that as I listened to them during our last show at the Gramercy Theatre that they sounded spot-on to me.

This tribute stuff definitely works its way into my playing. I’m still heavily under Gilmour’s influence and am not sure I’ll ever shake that, or that I even want to, to be honest. I’m not feeling Jonny Greenwood’s influence yet, or maybe I’m just not yet able to see it. I guess the fact that I’m playing a lot of keyboards and violin is already something. But I feel like his guitar playing style is influenced by a lot of the same people that influenced me (Gilmour, Andy Summers), so it doesn’t feel all that foreign.

Archived