Hamer Fan Club Message Center

#87 Super-C

DBraz

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DBraz said:

That’s the great thing about these Shishkov builds.  You spot something and it sets you off on another path previously unthought of.  😃

...and then the next thing you know, you're ordering another one.

• 1 month later...

I can't wait to see this one!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I love everything about that...

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, DBraz said:

40EA707C-4FD9-4098-A2AA-49B3D898C90A.jpeg

Very nice touch!

Wow.  What an awesome weekend.  I flew out to pick up my second Super-C 2 and had an absolute blast!

Arriving at Philadelphia I was full-on interrogated in security as they couldn’t understand why I’d be in a few States in a few days for a guitar.  They actually Googled “Shishkov Guitars” at one point when two of them were chatting to me at the same time.  This sort of stuff happens to me.  When I bought MC2’s Double Virt I had an issue with drug sniffer dogs circling the case at JFK on the way back...

On arriving at House Shishkov I had a quick nosey at the Hamers and Shishkov’s and clocked my case sitting at the side.  After what seemed like forever Mike layed it down in front of me and undid the latches.  Woh...  I know we all get that with Shishkov’s.  If the pictures flaw you multiply that feeling by a large number when you play one.

Plug it in and you are instantly inspired courtesy of the flawless construction and materials.  Seriously this is knock-out good.

Trish and Mike are not only running an exceptional guitar business but are also some of the nicest human beings you could hope to meet.  It’s the icing on the cake.

The next day I had two connections to go and see Diablo in Phily before returning home.  Mike very kindly offered to drive me there and what followed was a very cool mini road trip.  Jim got to meet Mike, see his collection and we all went out to dinner.  What an awesome weekend.

Pictures to follow...

The guitar is Black Limba bodied - bound, quilt top, W/B/W bound ebony board/headstock face, black pearl and abalone inlays, wenge neck, satin chrome Schaller hardware, Bartolini ACE s/c, Gravelin h/b, pull coil split volume pot, blower switch, Purple/Pink flip/flop burst finish.

Archived