Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Oops, got divorced, early retirement, had to move to another town!

So my wife wanted to be NOT married - just like that. After ten years together.

I was really taken by surprise.

She (52 yrs) didn't want anyone else in her life. Just live alone.

It was last September.

Ok, fine. So I had no say, apparently. But no fighting, we both knew we had grown apart. This was my second marriage.

We sold our apartement in Stockholm, Sweden. Made a _very_ small profit. Just enough to pay the taxes, get a 15 year old Volvo, and a downpayment for a very cheap flat. 

She instantly got a communal flat because she had been in their queue since before we met.

I hadn't...

So I went to the bank.

- Can I borrow some money for a flat.

- Yep, approx. usd 70.000. (!) 

Ok...so no flat in Stockholm!! 

I had lived in Stockholm for 61 years. So last December I had to move to a small town 1,5 hour drive to the west of Stockholm. Far away from teaching job and my own grown up kids, and the grandkids of course.

This town - Koping - is the closest to Stockholm where I could afford to buy a one bedroom apartement. But, it is a nice calm town, that is alive and everyone is surpricingly nice. Has already got a couple of friends, started singing in the church choir (have done that earlier). I like it in Koping. 🙂

Got myself an early retirement. Great solution I thought. Moving away with no rush getting another job.

Got time to settle down a bit. To get to know myself (!) again.

Bought a used Volvo. Got some nice furniture. Took a trip for a week, on my own, to London, England, just for the fun of it. Nice to get away. Came back to find my bearings.

Then just two  months ago I asked the local school board if they had use for a teacher with 32 years of experience... Yes they were very happy, and now I'm working half time - morning to lunch. AND am keeping my pension too.

So I'm doing fine. That's what's it's all about. Try to feel fine! I'll never give up!

Thanks,

Curt

(Got myself a new Strat the other day, just for the fun of it. I'll post it separately.)

----

"Life is what you make it".. as they sing in that old song (the group Talk Talk).

Curt2018.jpg

I'm glad you're doing well, coming out of difficult period in your life.

"Life's What You Make It" is an awesome song, as is the whole rest of that album, "The Colour Of Spring". 

Take care! When something similar happend to me I woke up one day and thinpgs went suddenly well. From one day to another....

And that description of Koping sounds nice. Hang on to Marabou!

Now I want to move to a small flat in Koping. Is there any karate school around there?

Oh, wait! I haven’t divorced... yet. 😂

Seriously, your story sounds inspiring to me. It’s not always easy taking life as it comes, letting go and moving on. Thanks a lot for sharing this! 🙏🙇

Keep on going Curt. Compose more music. Your CD gets its spinning over here. My wife likes it too.

Good for you!

Thanks for sharing, seriously.

It may be necessary, but still feels like a kick in the teeth, in my experience.

I lost my partner of ten years to mental illness and addiction a few years back - it was really tough on me to decide to give up. We didn’t have any kids, thank god, and it was actually very civil, but twisted me up good for sure.

Im happy to say that I’ve got an amazing person who’s my best friend that I’m lucky to have in my life now, and I’m still trying like hell to be the best person I can be. 

You’ve got a great story, and I’m really happy to hear you’re still writing chapters. All the Best :)

Thanks, guys! Feels great having you to chat with. I

think I'll be more than fine before long. Aiming at Great! 🙂

Dude, straight to Tinder. Start swiping. 😛

One a more serious note, as long as you have a decent roof over your head, and decent food on the table, you are ahead of the game. Plus, it don't take much to play guitar. Sounds like you have that covered. Everything else will fall in place as it should. And this is coming from someone with a long history of depression and sideways relationships.🖖

Curt,  think of this time as a great opportunity to sort out your life, get to work on that bucket list.  Nobody's gonna do it for ya.   Your deal sounds a lot like mine, except you are in or near Stockholm Sweden, my HFC Brother.  I have a couple health issues sprinkled around my deal.  I think, don't know for sure, but I think my X got tired of listening to doctors saying  "buddy, you beat the odds by a long way!".  Ya got what ya got probably for the rest of your life.  Get out there and make the most of it.  It wasn't long after that when i got served with The Papers.  I believe that her picture of her future was not what she had signed up for.  I'm sure that she has a far different view on it and she's certainly entitled to her view.  

I know one thing for sure, I sleep better without her. 

We have faith in ya bro, yer gonna be fine.  Cheers!

caddie

14 minutes ago, jwhitcomb3 said:

You are a great roll model for those of us putting our lives together after divorce. Thanks for sharing, it was inspiring, and all the best to you!

you too jwhitcomb3!  Get to work on that bucket list man!  It can all be over in less than the blink of an eye. And that blink is not something you get to schedule, so that its convenient for you.

caddie

Archived