Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Reverb can guess what type of amp you play?

The last question didn't apply to me. The only category listed that I play, which I play very little of, was Classic Rock. They didn't have Grunge or regular Metal. They didn't have Prog Metal. So I also clicked, "I defy to be categorized." They stuck me with HiWatt and Marshal which I have never played either and, obviously, owned neither. They probably just use an algorithm of what's for sale because on the last screen it asked me if I wanted to find a deal on the amps they thought they could guess.  

ETA: Also, there was no Strat in the question of which guitar would you pick up first.

WRONG!!!!!!!

It guessed Twin or Deluxe.  My four amps are:  DIY 18 Watter clone, DSL50CST, Vox MV50 “Rock” model, and a blackface Champ clone.

I guess my interest in pedals pushed them in the Fender direction but I’m a Marshall guy fo sho.

Couldn’t have been more wrong!  I have zero interest in a Mesa Triple Rec...

Not me either..................Fender Ultimate Chorus,Pearce G2R,,Original  issue Mesa Boogie Mark I [2 of them]................they said I played a Marshall.............which I have never owned. Hmmmm maybe I answered the "TEST" questions wrong.;)

Dr. Z, Matchless, Tone King or similar modern boutique amp.

I don't own any of these amps, but I guess maybe I should try one out because this is what Reverb thinks I should be using.

The saddest thing about that quiz was realizing I’ve been playing for over 20 years.... and I still suck.  

Told me Marshall or hiwatt.  I’ve owned and used a Mesa tremoverb for the past 18 years.  I have thought of getting a jcm800 or modded plexi style amp for years.  Maybe it’s time. 

I got Twin Reverb/Deluxe Reverb...which I used to have, up until a few years ago.  Now, it's just VHT 18-watt TMB clone heads and a Mojotone Marshall 18-watt clone head built by HFC member Fractal that I bought here on the board.  Funny how they didn't ask about owning a home, renting a home, renting an apartment, or living in town vs the country, having a lease and a landlord and/or close-vicinity neighbors can really limit amp choices.

A digital system like a Fractal or Kemper

I guess they guessed well, but I would’ve liked something more... analog?

It says Orange Tiny Terror, but I actually have a little Yamaha THR10.  Basically, a random draw would have come just as close since there's tons of fun stuff out there to choose from.

13 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Couldn’t have been more wrong!  I have zero interest in a Mesa Triple Rec...

How did you get that? That would have been more my amp though the Diezel VH 4 would have probably nailed it. 

Archived