Hamer Fan Club Message Center

#73 has landed

Funky Chicken

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 9:10 AM, hamerhead said:

Got the shakes. ........jonesin' real bad......hep me Shawn, hep me......

We are in the same boat, i've been clean for 3 weeks. I can't last that much longer, I've already given up soda, most carbs and the joy to live. Oh, look over there! ;0 

• Funky Chicken changed the title to Ok, Kids, I have a tracking number.

Arrived safely here at my place of employment. Snuck it into a conference room for a peek. Please excuse the iphone photos.

image.png.5ccda64589a6d132af9e955cb69754ec.png

image.png.331d7ae6968ad622bbc880ebc0dcc5cc.png

image.png.78ae83e19d433f6b4ca60094322a435b.png

First impressions-I am blown away. Everything about it seems "elevated" from every other guitar I have played/owned. Light, loud, arrived nearly in tune. 

Headstock is ebony/unbound. Body binding is the same material Rickenbacker uses on their 600 series guitars. Neck binding is the outer layer of the same material, which forced 

frets over binding (a choice I was making anyway). Volume pots reversed to put the bridge volume closest to the bridge.

This build started with my plan being Natural or Orange. As time passed and the body came together we realized that a burst would better serve the overall aesthetics. I told Mike what I didn't want in a burst and this is the result. He also found a way to age the body binding to soften the white tones inherent in the material. What it looks like to me is simply a well aged guitar.

Neck is medium, profile more C than D, soft V from 7th fret to nut. That's all I told Mike, and he nailed it.

I'll work on getting some better photos up.

6 minutes ago, Northfield said:

Thanks FC, glad it arrived safely.   I’ll add a few pics Trish took before it headed out.  

ACB0A82B-8ACF-420A-98DC-3296129AEE71.jpeg

DBADDCD6-81C4-493C-B561-FC117F5C742B.jpeg

5E54F3FE-349C-4794-BBF8-EFDFB902E27C.jpeg

A680B3BE-006F-45CB-8D1C-37452C68FB12.jpeg

YOU F**KING KIDDING ME??

2 minutes ago, cornjulio said:

soooo good! love the top and finish. how did you get Mike to build another Ultimate😃🍻?

This guitar was ordered very early in 2016, as he was finishing the initial run of Ultimates and just after he unveiled the Maverick and Cobra prototypes. That's all I know. Dana V's #63 is the only other Ultimate built after the initial run that I am aware of.

Archived