Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD 1996 Fender AVRI Telecaster

Life is short.............and mine is getting shorter,mid 60s now so.................what the hell now or never.I got a "NEW" guitar [New to me anyhow] awhile back that I have not owned in years. The Fender Stratocaster is the Fender guitar that has always been my preference,.......... my go to Fender but................... After I went on a search for a "TELE" for a good friend of mine I got to considering looking into getting one for myself and see if I could find one that would stick around for awhile. This one showed up at a music store for sale,I asked the owner if there were any trades being accepted and he indicated yeah sure contingent on what it was. Well long story short we worked something out and I got this one.. I do like this guitar...............different from the others I had owned in many ways,this one seems to be a good fit. It is in great condition and all stock,Neck is really nice, frets in fine condition,it plays and sounds REAL good,OHSC as well. Can't say I'm unhappy about anything with it so that is good. Anyway here is, the first Telecaster I have owned in many a moon.Its nothing special ,certainly not rare..............Fender has made a gazillion of these through the years but  this one IS a nice one.PKZNat8.jpgyh5lGR2.jpgh5G86nh.jpggoUivHC.jpgWCPUxIX.jpgs3EyODk.jpg5z142R8.jpg

Congrats on a Classic and Classy looking Tele Gary.

Sometimes it can take years before you pickup a guitar you haven't owned in years.

Enjoy your new Tele.   😀

Thanks Much Skip!:) I have played this one most nights at some point.....................it spent the last 2 years before it was sold to the music store in that owners closet................he didn't play guitar but took it as payment for a owed job he had done for the original owner. Now that its set free its rewarding me with all that Tele "Snarl and Sparkle".:)

I looked at and tried out a few Pete had in at Lavonne's Vintage Guitars in Savage.....................................I know your real close and have been there Carl. I could not find any I played I really liked enough to buy or try for a trade on...............they were all fine guitars not just mine..When I saw this one I thought...................maybe and when I played it.............. I knew.............. YES!:)

22 minutes ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

I looked at and tried out a few Pete had in at Lavonne's Vintage Guitars in Savage.....................................I know your real close and have been there Carl. I could not find any I played I really liked enough to buy or try for a trade on...............they were all fine guitars not just mine..When I saw this one I thought...................maybe and when I played it.............. I knew.............. YES!:)

I have to wait until I get back in town,  working on cleaning all the Bass and Walleye out of my brothers lake.  Is it bad that the people at the local liquor store know you by name after just a week! 😎

Nice get! Looks like the frets still have finish on them. Cover the fretboard with painters tape leaving the frets exposed, score the seams between the frets and the fretboard with a razor blade, carefully chip the finish off the frets, then polish with a 4-sided nail buffer block from your local drugstore.

Archived