Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Quality recording time with 0006

Jakeboy

Me and AC are in the middle of a 70s type rock and roll album. All the AC/DC talk has had me simplifying these last couple tunes for the album. Today I tracked slide on a new one called Better Off Broke. The rhythm track is 0006 into a JMP 70s style with a Rangemaster clone. Taking a page from Angus, I tracked today’s slide bits and solo with 0006 into something different....the bass channel of a Blonde Bassman into a 2x10 cab with Greenback 10s. Oh, I did run it through a Zendrive pedal for a touch more heat.  0006 records really, really well. I have the pickups dialed in to a really nice  sweet spot. I backed off a Ribbon mic about 12” from the cab to get a bit of air or room into the tone. Both the rhythm track and the slide track are with 0006 tuned to open A. I love open G but open A sounds tighter for hard rock somehow.

The next song with be a 57 right on the grill as it will be a chord banger...I have the music done but am working on lyrics....

Anyway, just felt like sharing.

Scott, I normally use a Cascade Fathead II with Lundahl xfrmr...but this time I went with a long ribbon Cascade VinJet with Lundahl....I like the Cascade ribbons.

12 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Scott, I normally use a Cascade Fathead II with Lundahl xfrmr...but this time I went with a long ribbon Cascade VinJet with Lundahl....I like the Cascade ribbons.

Good to know, I'd read good things about them.  

Archived