Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: '96 Eclipse White

With mixed feelings, I'm putting this out there...

A '96 (I believe) Eclipse I picked up on local CL a couple of years ago.  It was originally black, with a handful of pizza-day smudges.  I had it refinished in "vintage Gibson white" by the very capable Pat Wilkins (www.wilkinsguitars.com). There is very little discernable fret wear and although the metal parts show some gentle oxidation, they are still shiny and bright.  From a couple of feet away, you would think this is a new guitar.  I changed the original bridge to a Tonepros wraparound and changed the knobs, but I still have the originals - which will be included in the sale (there is a little tarnish/pitting in the chrome on the bridge).

The original SD pickups work perfectly and sound just as they should.  I seem to recall experimenting with the tone cap value at one point, but settled on the stock part (turns out Hamer voiced the tone control just right the first time!).  Plays great, with low action - maybe a little lower than some here might like.  The neck is straight and truss rod works perfectly, so the buyer should be possible to dial in the action just about anyway he/she wants it.  Neck profile is near-perfect (for me) not too thin, not too chunky.

Comes with period correct (but not original) Hamer USA branded TKL case with black lining in very good condition.

I'm asking $800 + actual shipping.

L1020806.jpg

looks beauty. i love it. can you ( or anybody here) tell me if the Tonepros wraparound bridge is plug and play or i need make same change or adaptation in the eclipse? 

thanks bud

My goodness....should never write before being REALLY awake

Sorry Jellyfish..Made a mix with Jelly Roll

GLWS, your eclipse is gorgeous :)

Soulfield has asked - not unreasonably - for neck carve dimensions and some more/better pics.  So here they are:

Neck Thickness - 0.850" at first fret, 0.900" at 12th fret.

Neck Width - 1.675" at nut, 2.045" at 12th fret.

L1020912.jpg

L1020917.jpg

L1020918.jpg

L1020919.jpg

L1020922.jpg

I am an incurable Eclipse lover.  There's something about that white finish, attracts me like no other guitar

Was that a factory finish or refin?  

Archived