Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Just because it's the Sabbath.

Hard to beat Dio-era Sabs- even in the later stages of Dio's career. Not surprisingly, his voice was deteriorating and it sounded worn on The Devil You Know but it was still awe inspiring.

Love that Floyded SG Tony has!

My favorite Sabbath album is MOB RULES. I got it because I really liked Dio's singing, I loved the albums he did with Rainbow. At that time I didn't know much about Black Sabbath, except for Paranoid. Once I liked an album of a band I followed what else those musicians made. So I checked out this album which just came out then. I also liked Heaven and Hell a lot, but the Mob Rules album had a bigger impact on me. Though different than the albums he did with with Rainbow, I think MOB RULES and HEAVEN AND HELL can still me considered more "hard rock" than "metal". The (studio) album after Mob Rules, BORN AGAIN (which also featured one singer who I followed already, Ian Gillan) was more "metal" then, also the first one by DIO, HOLY DIVER, was more "metal". While I like those albums too, I mostly listen to the older stuff (Deep Purple, Rainbow, those two Sabbath albums, or the first two original albums by Ozzy) . Maybe those times were cooler (even though I admit, I was too young then that I can say if the 70's were cooler, it is my imagination that it was cool times), the 90's music scene did nothing for me and so by the time Sabbath came out with Dehumanizer, it wasn't really that interesting for me. But MR and H&H are still cool to listen to.

Actually , the Sabbath is Friday evening to Saturday evening, but thanks for the video. I’ve got the Rhino box of the RCMH show, the dvd is really good. Tony getting killer tone with Laneys. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HAMERMAN said:

I  love the whole Heavy Metal soundtrack except for "Open Arms", I like most Journey but hate that particular song.

Open Arms was the downfall of Journey.  It was a big radio hit, and then they were identified by that song.  It fit in the Heavy Metal movie where it was placed.  It just ruined the whole heavy metal (for the time) vibe of the soundtrack. 

On 6/24/2018 at 6:36 PM, RobB said:

Actually , the Sabbath is Friday evening to Saturday evening, but thanks for the video. I’ve got the Rhino box of the RCMH show, the dvd is really good. Tony getting killer tone with Laneys. 

When is the Black Sabbath and the Bloody Sabbath? I've an old hoe to take to the corn field. 

Archived