Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FYI, 

Beware of Prymaxe. I ordered something and cancelled it BEFORE they shipped. It's been a month and no refund. I think they might be in financial trouble (I say 'might' by them having lots of 10%, 15%, 20% off emails)

I've been calling and emailed a few times and just keep getting the run-around. I even spoke to some girl who didn't have a clue to anything. Then, I got an email: "We'll credit you, no problem". Then, no credit. Next message: "Oh, we'll credit you... Wednesday, there are 'OTHERS' ahead of you". That was a week ago. I emailed today: "I'll get to your credit this Wednesday" I call, Bull-shit. Finally went to VISA for help.

Something is up peeps - beware!

Bummer. I’ve bought plenty off them the past two years of pedal experimentation. Always have some sale or another. Could find something I wanted to try with each sale. 

Hope that’s not the case and they sort you out properly. 

16 minutes ago, kizanski said:

"...there are others ahead of you..."?

Translation: Bankruptcy.  

You nailed it Kiz.

Have a feeling that refund screen or button is grayed out and unavailable to the customer service agent. 

Hmm that's odd! I just ordered a Gold Timmy pedal from there for my birthday (it's my birthday today) and it arrived fine. I live in the UK too. In fact I got all 3 pedals but not from Prymaxe (I also got a Fender Super Champ)... 

b'day pedals.jpg

55 minutes ago, Vic Croll (Concrete Sox) said:

.....and it arrived fine....

I think they were just f***ing with Ernie because he's got all the cool gear already.

I’ll bet they would have shipped what he bought. They just don’t want to issue refunds. Still concerning.

Happy Fricking Birthday Vic! Some nice goodies to celebrate with. Ooh. Gold Timmy. Been curious about getting a Timmy. I bet the gold makes it brilliant ;)

Excellent pedal. Fully transparent with Bass/Treble/Gain @ 0 with volume half way. I like that the Bass/Treble are full at 0 and cut when you turn them clockwise. Takes some getting used to but works well. Has more gain than I expected! Not quite got the balance right with the Timmy & the Wampler Euphoria yet but maybe I should put the Timmy first to see what happens. I also snagged a Fender Super Champ X2 yesterday so that may alter things my way too (I don't think my Blackstar cuts it for the sound I need). I'm only really playing worship/church in a live situation nowadays...

1 hour ago, hamerhead said:

Super Champ X2 = Best. Amp. Ever.

Happy Birthday!

Thanks and that's really good to hear! I was saving for an Egnater Tweaker 15 but this SCX2 came up for £210 on eBay UK and it's only 3 weeks old! Road trip is 130km each way so no trouble. Bought it instantly. Will be perfect for me :D

Link: FSC X2 purchase / eBay UK

• 2 weeks later...

VISA gave me a refund and they are going after Prymaxe. Like I mentioned, I would be wary of buying anything without protection by PayPal or VISA.

Saying that... They are offering 25% off new products like a PRS Silver Sky John Mayer Strat. Hmmmm. 

2 minutes ago, santellavision said:

VISA gave me a refund and they are going after Prymaxe. Like I mentioned, I would be wary of buying anything without protection by PayPal or VISA.

Saying that... They are offering 25% off new products like a PRS Silver Sky John Mayer Strat. Hmmmm. 

Exactly...that's what prompted me. Well, not the Silver Sky, but to look at the sale. 

Thanks! Will not use anything without buyer protection.

They are using some heavy advertising right now! I'm getting 4 emails a day...

I always thought they were heavy on the emails, but they always had a sale. At one point, they prompted me to buy. Now it seems there's one every week anyway. Kinda tamps down the urgency a bit..

8 minutes ago, santellavision said:

Reminds me of the Dave Letterman joke:

I ordered a burger and some fries. When the food came out, the waiter said, "They burned your French Fries, so I had them throw in some extra for you."
Because if there's anything I like more than bad food, it's plenty of it!

Archived